Carrol Smith's car

Carrol Smith\'s car

Good news,

RF built a Mk2 which Carrol Smith campaigned at Le Mans a couple of years ago. For those of you who have the current RF brochure, it is the black car on the centrespread.

The car was sold post the race, to a customer in Australia and Robert has now bought it back. The car (which is signed by Carrol Smith) will be shipped to the UK and will become the Thruxton Sports Cars demonstrator. It has the Windsor engine, LSD, the venerable Motec system, Right hand shift Getrag transaxle, Leather, aircon etc.

The car will be doing the rounds of trackdays and sprints in 2005, containing eiher a very small Irishman, or a woefully rotund ex-para......

If you would like to come and see this car at Thruxton, it should be available in a couple of months - I will keep the forum posted.

Cheers,

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Re: Carrol Smith\'s car

Rick,

You mention sprints and trackdays. Would you like to join the GTD boys on the sprints and hills? You would be very welcome indeed. It would be great to see the car in action. With JP's MDA and hopefully Chris's KVA that would be 4 makes in one place competing at the same time. Now that would generate interest!

Dear Malcom,

I would be delighted. You would have to beat me with a stick to keep me away!

Please let me know the calender of events when it is complete. I am still hoping to be able to host a programme at Thruxton in the New Year.

Best wishes,

Rick

Malcolm

Supporter

If you can get our cars onto the superb Thruxton circuit, that would be fab. I will keep you posted on next years comp action. Currently I am working on a calendar of 13 events but not yet finalised.

Back