Carroll Smith......

I am sorry to report that Carroll Smith,
the race car guru lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on Friday.
His enthusiasm and expertise will be sadly missed

It was one of my greatest plessures to have spent time with Carroll and Ginger over the last few years. They graced my home at a party last Christmas and to have spent a few days at Le Mans with them last year was a dream come true.

Carroll had a dry sense of humour and a true understanding of the importance or not of the driver. His uncluttered or even turse comments were great and I for one will miss him greatly.

Bathurst 24 hours is for you mate.

Love always,

Robert
and all the staff.

What a great man. It was nice to see his face at the Motorsport show at the NEC earlier in the year.

But what a life he had!

Regards,

J.P

Brian Magee

Supporter
I have his three books that I regurlarly refer to. A great and very aproachable man. He will be missed.

Brian

Editor, Fortyfication.

Another great is gone. What a sad day. I guess we should all be happy for the life he had, and for the influence he had on our lives.

It saddens me greatly to hear the news. Carroll Smith has been a true hero of mine right from when I first read his "Tune To Win" book many years ago. I had the rare honor and privilege to meet him six months ago, thanks to Robert Logan, and can say without reservation that he was one of the true gentleman. The enthusiasm and inspiration that he bestowed upon those like myself will allow him to live on in our hearts for a many years to come.

Sad to hear this. I had the pleasure to meet him in 1973 when I was working as a fabricator & pit crew on a F5000 car. I wish I could have recorded all the stories he told at some of the driver & crew parties that the tracks gave around the country. I looked up to him as the "top mechanic".

This is indeed a sad thing. However, there is good from this in the fact that he has left a legacy that has and will contribute to the racing fans and friends forever!

Sincerely,

John

We are so very sorry.
Our sincere condolences to Carrolls' Family.
What a contribution this man has made to the racing success the GT40s.
He will be sadly missed and remembered for a long long time.
CAV

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I am very pleased to tell all on the forum that Carroll passed away with little discomfort. Ginger (his partner) said that he just closed his eyes and passed away.

A GREAT life well lived.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back