catalytic converter and muffler in the SLC

Michael Fling

Supporter
The GM crate sourced ECM is tuned somewhat on the rich side to save the motor and preserve the GM warranty. Go to a class A GM dyno tuner - he'll be able to grab you about 25 hp and torque on the save side, lean the tune a bit, correct any low-midrange drive-ability issues and most likely solve some of your "your clothes stink - throw them in the laundry room" admonishments. IMO the cats are strictly for emissions, and for some getting thru the DMV process it will be a necessity.

With the muffler out the back I can carry on a conversation in the cab and preserve what hearing I have left. I've had too many loud cars and I know they've damaged my hearing. Your hearing does NOT repair itself... once it's gone that's it. For you invincible young guys I know it doesn't seem like an issue, but for us upper middle age ones I'm preaching to the choir. I'll get off my box now.

Do a search on here and find the video of Dean's 1st start(s) with the side exit exhausts - it sounds awesome with goose bumps and all, but man - it is loud.

These cars a loud as heck regardless of what motor you put in them and if a quiet ride is what you are looking for boy did you buy the wrong car so lets not get all crazy and try to reinvent the wheel.

Roberto will probably disagree (although as I keep telling him, he's doing it wrong :drunk: )

Mike just so you know that link to the cats were RACE CATS NOT OEM CATS (read the fine print) meaning he steered you right in the direction I was talking about the entire time and without denial admitance backed up my posts. Again the only posts seem to be about smell and if you guys are warming up your cars in the garage with the dorrs closed well than ...... I'll just say pulling a Carradine is a better way to go I think no?

Back