CAV GT40

John every bit helps. Especially with the price of gas today and the huge amount I'm going to need fot the gt40 with a 396 stroker. This car is not going to be garage candy.

frknfast

The Gulf items soon to be available from Graham will make a great addition to this car. Can't wait!!
frknfast Gulf GT40

The CAV web site is back up and running. The download of their brochure is fantastic.
cool.gif
grin.gif

Carrol Shelby still has one of their GT40s on order. No mention of the cobras. I bet there is still something going to happen here. Keep your eyes peeled for the next announcement!!!

frknfast Gulf GT40

I would love to see an eighty year old man

(Carroll Shelby) climb into a GT40, let

alone get out! It gives me hope that I'll be

able to manage the same, when I reach his

age!

Hi Guys just logged in to CAV new web site. There is an owners forum. Also a tracking part where one can track their order from them. This is really cool. It provides a check list of what's being done to the car and the status of its build. Way cool!!!!!

frknfast Gulf GT40

I visited the CAV facility in Cape Town this past January. I was told that Shelby would move his entire production to the CAV facility.

Chuck

I visited the CAV facility in Cape Town this past January. I was told that Shelby would move his entire production to the CAV facility.

Chuck

Chuck do you have any pics you can post of the plant. Their web site is great but nice to see different shots from other people's points of view. Also any further info on the shelby stuff would be greatly appreciated.

frknfast Gulf GT40
wink.gif

Chuck any news on the Shelby front? The reason for my very serious interest is that I also own a Superformance MKIII cobra. So I'm always interested in what the man is up to.

frknfast Gulf GT40

Hi all. CAV has been kind enough to send me pics of my car in process. It's starting to look great and I can't wait for the final pics before shipping. That's supposed to be the first week of May.
If you guys are interested I will post the pics. Let me know.

frkngast Gulf GT40
cool.gif

Yes, pleas post the pictures. Robert sent me pictures as he worked on my RF and it was great fun to watch the progress.

Frknfast,
You didn't do anything wrong. Image Station will not allow you to upload your pictures from their site. They used to but not anymore. You will need your own web page now, or a site that will let you upload.
Bill

frknfast
Can't wait to see your pics posted. The wheather in N.Y. has been getting nice, driving around in my gt40 has been great!!!!

the rest of the car as construction proceeds
Car47tail.jpg

car47nostril.jpg

car47door.jpg

__tn_car47chassis.jpg

__tn_Car47no2---1.jpg

Car47no1.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the pics. Will post more as more become available.

frknfast Gulf Gt40

Vic the weather here is finally getting better here as well. I was out in the cobra the past weekend as well. so much so that people thought I was away and got a tan.

If any one wants to see other pics of the toys go to http://photos.yahoo.com/frknfast

frknfast Gulf GT40

Back