Combined aircon/heater unit

Simon,
Nothing to do with air con suppliers, but your avatar shows you looking more like your dog every week. You'll look better with full cooling and heating available.

Dalton

I am not sure if I remember quite rightly, but I think the few original cars (I would guess mk3) were fitted with units from the v12 e-type. good luck Al

brettmcc said:
Frank,
My previous response got lost when the server went down. It appears that the exact unit is not there any more, but the closest I can find is: ID-255 Heat air in-dash evaporator unit AFTERMARKET AIR CONDITIONING FOR AUTOMOBILES

Brett

Thanks for finding that evaporator unit. I have a favorite search on Ebay for AC parts, always plenty of compressors, dryers, Rads/Condensors (all at fairly decent prices) but evaporators rarley show up.

this is my search string for ebay.co.uk
(air conditioning, aircon, air con) (duct,condensor, condenser, dryer, pump, compressor, compresor, evaporator, evaparator, evaporater)

Brett, any luck on your flywheel? what type you looking for?

posman
I can't use the heater from frank so i'm going to order one at southern
did you get the right bracket or did you make one yourself?

frank

Frank

I didnt have to use any brackets as the CAV was already bracketed for the unit. I cannot see it been to much problem to make some brackets to fit under the dash.

If you look on the Southern Rod web site they have a simple schematic of the installation that might help
http://www.southernrods.com/instructions/ac-hose-plumbing-instructions.pdf

I cannot comment on how the unit performs as mines not actually connected up yet.

Also check on the condensor unit to make sure it fits okay. I purchased the complete kit but the condensor was slightly too big to fit in the standard location for the CAV. If your going to fit yours in front of the radiator then I dont think you'll have much trouble, but please check the sizes. That said its a pretty simple kit to putr together, although I've not sorted a tool to crimp the connector to the pipe. I assume I can get a company who charges the system to crimp them for me.

Hope that help.

i did mean the bracket on the engine
i've got a tool to schrink pipes for central heating so i think i can use that
did you call them or just orderd by email
do you have any pics

are there others who can comment about the usage of this unit??
please do
frank

Back