Compilation of RF Part Model Numbers and Sources

Hershal Byrd sent me an email saying that he wants to help current and future RF owners with their builds and maintenance. He sent over a Word document he had put some together regarding the source of RF parts. I've converted it to a spreadsheet which I'll post here and ask RF owners and builders to add to it as they are able so that we have a resource that tells us how and where to get replacement parts.

I've started to populate the attached spreadsheet with pertinent information. Feel free to add to it and re-post. I think we'll all have to make sure we download the newest version and re-post as we go along because we can only edit a post for a short while before it is "frozen."

Please contribute what information you can so we can build a comprehensive resource together from which everyone can benefit.

Attachments

• 79126-RFPartsList.xls.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 716
An addition that can be made to the list is for Drive Shafts.
I can confidently advise that they are from an Aussie Holden Commodore (VS). No modifications required other than knocking a dust cap off one end. V6 and V8 versions appear the same and are available complete with CV's fitted. Just bolt them in.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Olivers Post...don't read this if you don't like him!

Future RF's???????????????????????? last time I heard the company is no longer producing cars.Unless of course the six chassis that are still in SA somehow in a secret venture make their way to the USA.

Oliver

The rear upright bearing is Federal-Mogal #511020

Oliver please grow up or go away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Two out of three responses bringing the tech - thanks, guys. I'll upload the data and re-post the spreadsheet after I get some more information and part numbers.

OLIVER, you techless nitwit, did it ever occur to you that RF produced somewhere north of 100 chassis and that those cars may need maintenance or end up in the hands of new owners in the FUTURE? Your advice not to read your useless post is like taking a shit in someone's shoe and telling them to ignore the smell. Go find another forum to crap in.

Hi guys,

I hope we can offer assitance to the RF community, I would have posted earlier but decided to wait due to the gravity of the situation.

Click this link www.mdagt40.com/buildsheets.pdf and download the 2006 MDA parts list and see if there are any you need. Most MDA parts should fit the RF.

Chris

Here's an update. Added information on drive shafts, rear upright bearing, alternator, high-pressure fuel pump, fuel level senders and AC system evaporator.

I'll add more info as I get it.

Attachments

• 80168-RFPartsList.xls.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 571

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Mark, Hershal and friends,

First, what a fabulous tool this is - were it not for recent events down under, I'd we working away on one of my own before years end.

From 8 to 5, I'm a technical writer, so keeping track of obscure information and how it evolves is my life. That being said, I would humbly suggest that the revision level of each successive parts list be updated every time the list is expanded, or improved by making a correction to a given part number or source when the snafu is found.

Carefully watching the rev level will ensure those interested in the resource have at their fingertips the latest and greatest version... new 'n improved really is a good thing!

Again, well done. What a great group of people this forum has assembled!

T.

Thank you, Tim, for your kind remarks. I have been putting a date and version number in the spreadsheet itself, but not in the file name.

Here's another update. I have added the source for some of the EFI parts that RF included in the kit as well as a reference to forum member Mark Clapp, who can supply headlight and running light covers.

Attachments

• 80861-RFPartsListv1.2.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 487

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Rear Tail Lights

Hey guys, need to know what the GT40 tail lights are from as well as the wiper arms. Trying to source these parts urgently.....

Thanks

Bill.

Bill,
I ended up getting my tail lights from Andy Sheldon @ tornado. Great service and fit well.

It just saved a whole bunch of stuffing around.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Alternator model number??

Alternator Bosch BXU 1285

This is on the compilation list noted above, however once I ordered this it proved to be for the vee belt setup and not the serpentine setup.
I then asked a fellow GT40 owner about his serpentine setup alternator and even viewed the number on the alternator (0120484039 / K1>14V 14854) and ordered that, only to find that the number is for a GMH turbo V6 engine and doesn't come close to fitting belt setup...
Can anyone help me with this? Obviously I'm using the RF spacers and setup, see photo below.

Bill.

Attachments

• 29072006064small.JPG
    29072006064small.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 998

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hi Owen

Thanks for the heads up, the only problem is I've already paid for it and they only offer exchange of parts not refunds....

Now I will need to get things from you in the near future, so maybe you could help me out on this one???

Cheers

Bill.

stamped numbers on the case of my alternator are: 9120060032.

I had to modify the backets and even make a new brace as they did not work for my engine. I think it had something to do with my using AFR instead of Twisted Wedge heads, but that was four years ago when I talked with Robert Logan about heads.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks

Appreciate the help there Pat.
I'll give this a go and see if it is the right one....

By the way, love the way your car is coming along. You are a few steps ahead of me, hope you are on the road for good in the near future!

Cheers

Bill.

Hi guys,

I've done a forum search for this but have'nt found anything yet.

Does anyone know what steering column and rack is used in the standard RF?

Also, ive seen a picture of an RF wearing a rear bearing and hand brake assembly from what looks like an AU Falcon. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you rockonsmile

From memory the standard steering column is a ford telstar / mazda 626 and the rack is Cortina.

Out of interest I do know of some one who has fitted a bmw power steering rack to their RF. They have not driven it yet so don't know how succesful it has proven to be.

Back