Comstock Racing Team GT-40

Looking for any Hi-res pictures of the Comstock GT-40(1037) as raced by Eppie Weitzes in Canada 1966, to do a painting, R M

Hello again Ron - and welcome aboard.

List, I've seen a couple of Ron's paintings of the Gulf Le Mans winning GT40, and if anyone has any further photos of 1037, the results should be very worthwhile.

Good luck Ron, and I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Ron

Should be able to help you out. I'll pm you with more info.

Cheers

Attachments

• 80066-EppieCollection9s.jpg
    80066-EppieCollection9s.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,976
Ron - You may have seen this already, although I forgot to send it with the others.

EppieGT40WestwoodArtBaynePhoto.jpg

Rob

Ron Mills said:
Looking for any Hi-res pictures of the Comstock GT-40(1037) as raced by Eppie Weitzes in Canada 1966, to do a painting, R M

Ron
Did you ever paint that picture??

I would love to see it or better still own a print.

Tagg
[email protected]

Last edited:
RobBeddington said:
Hello again Ron - and welcome aboard.

List, I've seen a couple of Ron's paintings of the Gulf Le Mans winning GT40, and if anyone has any further photos of 1037, the results should be very worthwhile.

Good luck Ron, and I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Rob

I would love to see your collection of Comstck GT40 pictures.

EppieFan

Newbie here. Here is a picture of the Comstock GT40 at Sebring. This post may be a little old, but since the artist lives on Vancouver Island and so do I, thought a post was in order, Barry

352392ba.jpg

Scan1.jpg

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Ron,

Here's some pics of Eppie with his car at Westwood BC and Mosport ON. Eppie's been out in Angelos' CAV GT40 and loved it. We're interested in your GT40 artwork too so keep us posted:)

Cheers

Attachments

• EppieCollection3c.jpg
    EppieCollection3c.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,610
  • EppieCollection4C.jpg
    EppieCollection4C.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,543
  • EppieCollectionC.jpg
    EppieCollectionC.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,571
  • Eppiemosport.jpg
    Eppiemosport.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,862
Last edited:
Ian, I met Eppi when I was working on Graham McRae's car in the F5000 series "73 - '74, Nice guy! He had a beautiful Lola with a nice paint job on it. If I remember correctly, it was shades of green and yellow. He could run with the best of them, but it was hard to beat Jody or Brian! I'll have to look through my pictures to refresh my memory on the colors. I wonder what ever happened to that car? Do you know?

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Bill,

I'll ask Eppie about the Lola next time we speak. The guy is still sharp as a tack and looks great after a quadruple bypass. Nice to hear from you again:)

Cheers

FRPGUY said:
Ian, I met Eppi when I was working on Graham McRae's car in the F5000 series "73 - '74, Nice guy! He had a beautiful Lola with a nice paint job on it. If I remember correctly, it was shades of green and yellow. He could run with the best of them, but it was hard to beat Jody or Brian! I'll have to look through my pictures to refresh my memory on the colors. I wonder what ever happened to that car? Do you know?

Hi Everyone
There is a WEBsite that has a great picture of Eppies Lola 332 in full colour. The WEBsite is not very flattering Formula One Rejects but there are some good pictures of Eppie through his racing career. The T332 was sold to Interscope Racing and was crashed by Danny Ongais at Mosport turn 3 the following season. Ongais broke his leg in the crash.

Also I love the picture of Eppie in the 1966 Players 200 at Mosport. A great website with pictures and the entry form for that race is at Racing Sports Cars - Home Page and go to international sports car races. Eppie battled the 2 Porsches that race and finally came out on top in the end. There is a great late race picture of him in front of #33 Skooter Patrick and #17 I believe was Herb Wetason (but don't hold me to that one). Nice picture of John Cordts (#57) McLaren Mk1 leading Mark Donahue (#6) in the Lola T70. The upper left has George Fejer (Chinook MkII) just peaking in. #52 is Earl Jones and #18 I believe is Bill Eve.
I remember that race like it was yesterday.
Final standings had Cordts in 5th and Eppie 6th.

Last edited:
Back