Dealer cost on a new Ford GT?

Would anyone venture a guess as to what dealer cost is on a GT? I'm thinking $130K-ish...

Your comments please.

Thanks,
mardyn

John B

Temp Selling Pass
It is much lower..I would say around 85,000.00 at the auto show they stated it would retail for 110,000,00.However, Once supply and demand outset itself the dealers upcaharged the car and are raping the public.. Gotta luv America!!!

Hi Mardyn,

I'm not sure what the dealers actually pay, but I can tell you what the dealer invoice says. I just purchased one last week and they sent along the invoice with the paperwork. The base car is $128,506 (car shipped in June prior to price hike). The McIntosh stereo, light weight wheels, painter calipers and painted stripes are $3600, $3150, $676 and $4816 respectively. That makes a total of $146,002.55 (including destination charge and other assessments).

Like I said, I don't know what they actually pay. As a matter of fact, I'd rather not know because I'm sure I'd feel like I paid too much.

JM

As the price of the new GTs inches slowly back toward msrp... I'm just wondering how long it might be until some of the smaller dealers will be willing to drop even a bit more to move an expensive item out of inventory before year end...

mardyn

My friend in West Virginia was offered a 2006 GT at sticker, $161K, and he turned it down, thinks they will get cheaper still, Wayne

I have a friend that is very interested in that car at that price. Would you please pass along the info?

Thanks in advance, Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm currently negotiating to purchase a new '05 model at sub-msrp.

We're still a few dollars apart on the deal, but I'm ready to buy if they accept the offer I've put forth.

mardyn

Ooooops sorry! I just reread
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It looks like the prices here in Ca. have stopped dropping. Mine was 156,559.oo( MSRP). The dealer, a friend of a friend told me I could have it at 9.5K over. When I took delivery they were happy to see it go! He said the sales dept had been in a uproar ever since it got there. The story is they would get an offer and turn it down (250+) and then have to lower the price a month later because the prices keep dropping. The salesman would then throw a fit cuase the new asking price woulld then be less than his offer of a month earlier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

When I was negotiated the price it was not for me but a friend. The friend thought the prices would drop even more and passed on the 10over.

I kinda think there is going to be a flat spot/bottom where they are all going to be gone in a flash! Too many people are still interested but waiting for the bottom, and I here Ford is still lowering the total amount to be produced. The 3 or 4 left in So Cal the dealers are sticking to their guns at 185K to 200K. These are 05 cars that are loaded but haven't had the price increase.
Steve

I think the deal on the '06 GT is gone at MSRP but you can can give me a call at 407 509 9380 and I will give you my friends name and phone number or send me a message, Wayne

To address the original question, Ford dealers usually work on 12% off list for the base car and 18% for add ons. BTW, the panel gap is rather large in my opinion and the darker colors cover it up much better than the lighter colors.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the deal on the '06 GT is gone at MSRP but you can can give me a call at 407 509 9380 and I will give you my friends name and phone number or send me a message, Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Wayne, I will call you in the morning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back