Detling Show

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe it's over the Easter weekend this year.

Is anyone going and if so what day?

always good to line up a few GT40's

Be amother good reason to get the Dax out! (Not that I need one!)

Ian

Hi Ian,

The Detling kit car show is next weekend, so far it look's like three GT's from the kent area are going, what day are you looking to go?

Chris.

Hi Chris

Bev and I are thinking of going on Sunday as long as it is not forecast to rain, will you be there? and is Neil going?

Geoff

Keith

Shite forecast for this weekend guys... rain, rain and more rain. Sounds like Easter. :worried:

Were it ever so....

I will be aiming to go on Sunday, giving my GTD its first run of the year and trying out a new set of Avon CR6ZZ's which have just been fitted and with which it gained its MOT test. My final decision on which day will depend a bit on the rain/sun forecast.
Returning from the MOT the rain really fell down and although a fairly short journey of a few miles the Avons seemed amazingly good in the wet.

My car has been on the road since 1996 and the BFG TA COMP tyres the Avon's replace are still only half worn, this is with 13000 miles and a couple of dozen track days in the interim. I fitted 215/60/15 and 295/50/15, the rear are an inch larger in radius requiring the ride height resetting. To my surprise the adjusting ring on one rear Spax is totally seized and will need cutting off and replacing so my old GTD is sort of riding high at the moment.

Bob MacDonald

Hi Bob,

Do you have the correct adjusting spanners? I have a pair you can borrow if needed. I'll be at Deling over the weekend as well.

Simon

Hi Simon
Yes I have a few C spanners.
The adjuster ring is very seized, I've had the shock off the car and can't even move it in the vice. I've even heated the ring but with no success, the ally ring on the steel shock body has cold welded. At the moment I'm resigned to cutting it off and replacing, I'm hoping to find a replacement at Detling.

Bob

detling is always a good show, so will defo be there......pity i wont have my mk3 there though......but not to long....be good to meet some of you guys there, will probably there on sunday!!

Okay, after our monthly meet on Monday it looks like we have six GT's going to Detling on Sunday, so the plan is to meet in the car park at Chiltern Hundreds Pub at 10.00am so that we can all arrive together, obviously a lot depends on the weather, but looking on the Met office web site this weekend is starting to look better.

Anyone wishing to join us is welcome, should be a good day.

Chiltern Hundreds
Penenden Heath Road,
Maidstone,
Kent ME14 2DG

Chris - 079890 807218

Frank
That would be really useful. My shocks are the standard GTD Spax, 2.25" springs, adjuster ring thread approx 2.125" OD. Its the adjuster ring not the locking ring I'm having my problems with.
As we talked about a few weeks ago I shall be getting replacement shocks, but on the principle of making one change at a time I shall be resetting the various suspensions settings to suit the new tyres before the next change.
If you were going to the "Outward C&S" on the 19th, as you did last year, I could see you there.
Many thanks

Bob

Frank, Thanks, that's very kind. I will be in touch about popping down to Sussex in the near future. I'll give you a ring before to make sure it's convenient for you.
Bob

I'll see you all there sunday, hopefully at the pub. I need to pour over some gt40s for inspiration and tips on body fit, as well as other bits of the build. Also look at suitable switches for the dash..another reason for my wife to come along as she has a better eye for what looks good (must have been having a bad day when she met me!!!!) and she won't hesitate to tell me something looks naff

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Looking at weather.co.uk it looks like the weather tomorrow is not good.

30% rain in the morning increasing to 60% chande of rain between 12 and 3 then dropping off again

Monday looks better but hey this is the UK so who knows

see what tomorrow morning brings

Ian

i want to come to this and chat etc, i don't know what anyone looks like so you'll have to find me! i'll be the one in a grey primer mk2 cortina with tattoo's on my head! (under the skin, i'm the same as the rest of you. ha ha)

Back