Detling show

hey simon ...yeah i will be there on sunday, going to take the car with me..........if i can sort out a few small problems.....hows things with you??? james

Just to let you everyone know Neil Purvis has managed to acquire stand 09 in hall 2 (Old Hall) at the Detling Kit Car Show this year.

So there will be three of our cars there all weekend, also Neil has been told that the organizers will be placing a marker in the car park area for any GT40's that wish to join us.

All are welcome if you need any more detail's e-mail - [email protected] or phone me 07980 807218.

Looking forward to seeing likewise GT40 enthusiasts over the weekend, hopefully the rain will hold off for us and let see if we can beat nine cars this year.

Regards,

Chris.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Over here it has just brightened up - but I'm 80 miles away

Metcheck says damp all day today but better tomorrow. (Probably means good today and terrible tomorrow)

Ian

yep i am still going today...carnt do tomorrow as have other commitments...........its only water.........its a car after all, it can be cleaned lol

Thats a good attitude james, but sadly a lot of people just won't turn up today and for me that's half the fun-seeing cars people have built.
May get down there later

Simon

ok...just got back from the show......much the same as last year but with less cars, probably the weather although it didnt rain while i was there, seemed to be less stuff in side this year............. for some reason though they put the gt40 cars over the back on the grass, out the way of everything else. makes no sence as we are probably the lowest cars there, and people where wanting to stay of the grass as it was wet.....only three of us there, maybe i will pop back tomorrow quickly for another look...............

Hi all,

Just a few pictures of some of the GT40's at Detling, Sunday was a good day out with many club members turning up with cars. Thanks to Geoff, Paul, Brett, Neil, Chris, John & Mary, Rob, Simon, Ian & James....if i missed anybody sorry. Saturdays weather was not good but the brave ventured out!

We had cars outside on display together with two indoors, public kept everybody busy talking about the cars and much interest was shown in the club.

01.jpg

02.jpg

To all,

A few more pictures of Detling.

I could not resist adding Stratos picture as well [sorry]

Regards

Karl

03.jpg SNV33164.jpg

SNV33173.jpg SNV33169.jpg

Back