Distributor that works with TWM/Borla 8-stack

Hi guys,

I am in need for advice to find a distributor that fits under the fuel rails of the TWM/Borla 8-stack system. I ordered a MSD 8479 with the belief that it would fit but it did not. I do not want do any more mistakes again so send the question to you guys as I know that some of you are using this system ( with fuel rail in the middle ). Any advice is welcome:)

Thanks
Henrik

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

Many thanks!! I have 331 and I guess I will use a standard silicon cable with a 90 degree spark plug terminal.

The clearance between block where the dizzy goes down and underside of regulator is 195 mm or 7.68 inch.

Thanks
Henrik

Last edited:
Henrik,
Just sent you a PM about this. What plug wires are you using?

Here are two photos of my engine bay showing the 8578 MSD Distributor and its spacing below the Borla centerline fuel rail/regulator assembly...
GT40s.com - PhotoPlog - View File
GT40s.com - PhotoPlog - View File

Also, see this thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/507312-post2.html

Hope this helps...
Thanks Tom

I did see that but what makes me suspicious towards MSD is that the stated the 8579 and 8479 to be 7 1/16 inch high and that the 84791 should be the same with the difference that it has a steel gear. I have now got it from MSD and it measures from block to top almost 8.3 inch! I do not know if I have missed something but I want to make sure I now order a new one that I am 100% sure that it fits!

Cheers
Henrik

OK - to be very specific - if someone has a MSD 8579 installed I would be very thankful if you can measure the height of it from where it goes down the block and up to the top with cables installed.

Thanks
Henrik