Do I need to reinstall my front ball joints?

Joel K

Supporter
Merry Christmas everyone.

I accidentally installed the front Ball joints with the nuts on top. The manual states for clearance issues they should be installed with the nuts underneath. Just wondering if this is a real issue and I should reinstall, but can’t figure out what could interfere with the nuts and raised bolt end.

As always, thanks for the help.

Here is a pic...
47A51D18-4512-44CD-870A-FCAB88530574.jpeg

Joel K

Supporter
Now I realize what I did, mounted the ball joints on top of the arm instead underneath. Now it makes more sense that there would be interference. Oh well.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I was just gonna say that. I believe it’s nuts up in the back and nuts down in the front. I can’t Confirm that as I’m in a different city for the holidays.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I was just gonna say that. I believe it’s nuts up in the back and nuts down in the front. I can’t Confirm that as I’m in a different city for the holidays.

Yeah, that what she said last night. Sorry...couldn't help myself with all the holiday cheer and all.

Hey JK,

You definitely need to mount the ball joints below the suspension arm, otherwise you will not be able to mount the wheels without them dragging on the suspension. Don't ask me how I know :)

Back