Donations

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ron !
After seeing the post below about posting in the supporting members area,it got me thinking. The donation area has different values for levels of support or subscriptions. Bascially it shows a one year subscription for "X" amount of dollars ----- correct? My question is will we get a automatic reminder of when the year is up, or is that something we have to remember on our own. The reason I'm asking is because I believe my subscription is due for renewal in April ( I think ). <font color="blue"> With all the information on this site, I don't want to see it go away for lack of funding. </font>
Regards Brian

David

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,

When you think you have received your money's worth, make another donation. Ron, I am sure, will take more than one donation per person per year. Let's not put any more work on Ron and ask him to keep track of our donations?

David Lowell

I agree with Dave, Ron doesn't need more admin. I guess the little star will disappear from by the side of your name when it expires, so that will be a prompt. Or the software may have a reminder built in. it wouldn't surprise me.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Fellows,

We're doing okay with cash and I am pretty sure the software will auto-remind you when you expire - if your email is up to date. Did anyone remember getting a PM or email when they registered? If that part works then I'm sure the auto-remind will work.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I have been trying to send you a donation, but Pay pal won't complete the send unless I give them my rauting number from my bank. I won't do this. Is there another way to send you a check. If so please send me an e-mail. Thanks Joseph

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows,

I generally don't open the check thing up because last time we received about 15 or so and many didn't go through due to them being from overseas. But, I know you guys have been after me about it for some time (;-)) therefore just for you two:

Ron Earp
132 Loch Pointe Drive
Cary NC 27511

I will of course add you to the membership by hand and make sure you are in there. Buzz, we'll be looking for pictures on the One Lap!!!!!!!

Don't be suprised if the check takes a long time for me to cash - I think I still have Dan M's in my wallet, and it is quite old now!

Ron

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron ,
It looks like the auto remind system works. I knew I was close on my year. This is what I received in my PM.

<font color="blue"> PayPal Response Notice

Your subscription has expired. Good Bye.
Invoice reference number: 1024

</font>
It works great. Regards Brian

David

Lifetime Supporter
Same here, but when I tried to re-up via the donations button, my level of donation was greyed out?

thorin

Hi Ron
Got the same message as Brian

Invoice reference number: 1024

regards

Clayton

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, I will look into it - the email is not from me - it is the pre-programmed automated response it looks like. And none to friendly either!!!!

I'll check out the other problem, Clayton, is yours greyed out like David's was? I'll log in as one of you and take a look to see what is going on.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Folks,

Must be that time of year where a lot of you first used the "PayPal" donations setup and many of the donations are expiring. If you wish to renew, as far as I know all you have to do is click "Donations" at the top of the page and go through the process once again.

Please post here or send me a PM if there are issues, but I hope it will work smoothly.

Ron

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I just got it too (March 12). "Good Bye" indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, I'll have to send you a personal check as well, since
my PayPal account has gone the way of the dinosaur. I hope
to get it out sometime this week, so it should arrive in
NC by next week.

Are there still going to be levels of support? IIRC, it
was $10/$20/$40 US. Is that correct?

Thanks again Ron for getting this forum up, and to everyone
who supports it both financially and in spirit - the ratio
of info to BS here is phenomenal !!! And, for the most part,
everyone has demonstrated exemplary net manners, and those
who have gone too far have been good enough to apologize
as appropriate. Let's keep it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

Ron Earp

Admin
Ian, it is $20, $30, $50 now. PayPal took, as of last year, $1.25 from the $10 and $1.35 from the $20 - so it made more sense to just do the $20 one since it lost less money to "The Man". I should change them around so it is something like $15, $30, $50 - as well as multiple years.

Ron

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Don't feel bad guys, I go the same curt email message. I wondered if the software would kick an administrator off :)

Regards,
Lynn

Back