Door striker drawing

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
On my quest of parts gathering I have got Rover door latches on the way but I am looking for a drawing for the dimensions of the original strike plate so I can have a pair EDM cut. Appreciate any info.

Thanks
David

Brian Stewart
Supporter
If you can find a Triumph Mayflower, of Phase I or 2 Vanguard, the striker plates are much the same.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I have had no luck there. I was advised the ones I am getting were also fitted to early cars (Rover P4) I have had no luck on my Triumph Mayflower ect searches.
Thanks

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Thank you for the link for the latch. The first one that arrived was just like the original Rover units. The once I contacted the seller and explained I need the straight one they resent 2 pair! look a lot better than the Rover units that are crooked and are very close to the original tear drop units. See photo for comparison. The green pair came from a Rover that I received with the latch assemblies, the plated equivalent are the first ones received and then

Here is who I bought from
scootershop9910(1 item)
ORDER TOTAL
US $11.53

Order Front Left & Right Door Lock Striker Plate for Morris Ambassador Cars @us
Front Left & Right Door Lock Striker Plate for Morris Ambassador Cars @us
door catch types.jpg

( 273953296018 )

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It's the way to go David,:)
Research always pays in spades and I know of a few charlatans out there who would have charged you a lot for those.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
sThe Rover parts guy in England (Richards Rovers) was a great help to get the latches for a reasonable price. Now all I need is a body, chassis, suspension and motor and I will be assembling!

Back