DRB #35 for sale

Due to an upcoming move to the U.S. Virgin Islands, where the speed limit is only 20mph, and the roads are barely fit for a goat, I am forced to sell my GT40 (DRB #35). : (

The car was factory built by GT40 Australia, and put it on the road in late 2002. It has very low mileage, and is a well sorted car. It is tagged as a 1965 Ford GT coupe (no emissions). Minor road patina.

351W(400HP), G50 w/Quaife LSD, TWM 8 stack EFI, Motec, leather, etc., etc.

The list of upgrades/inclusions is extensive, and would take a full page or
more.

Suffice to say, it's pretty quick!

$65K

PM or e-mail me for details.

Bill

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Bill,

Hate that you have to sell your baby, but USVI should be a lovely place to live: I guess life if full of trade offs.

Folks, I have witnessed Bill's fussing over this cars since the beginnings of this forum and I can say with complete confidence that this is one extremely well sorted and seriously nice GT40! The lucky dog that gets this car will be a very fortunate fellow indeed.

Lynn

Lynn,

Thanks for the kind comments.

It was a tough decision, but one that had to be made.

As a fellow member of the old guard, you can appreciate what it's like to give

up something that you dreamed of as a youngster, and then finally attained.

I hope that it goes to a good home.

Regards,

Bill

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hope that you can keep in touch on the forum Bill. You have been a true asset rockonsmile to the site and it would be sad to lose your presence here.

Do you plan on ever re-entering the GT40 owners circles?

Cheers and all the best

Bill H

Ron McCall

Supporter
Bill: Sorry to hear that you have to sell your gorgeous car.Too bad you didn't decide to sell it 1 1/2 years ago! You could have saved me a bunch of work!
Whoever get's this car is one very lucky mofo.

Bill,

Are you kidding? Of course, I will stay in touch with you guys. I have met some great people here, and have learned volumes of information, both technical and historical. I consider you all, my good friends. You may
rest assured, if the day ever comes, that I buy another home on the mainland, I'll be driving another GT40. :)

Ron,

I feel no pity for all the work you are doing on your RCR! I know that you're loving every minute of it! Just wait until that first drive! Your other cars will be "dust colllectors" from that point forward!

Bill

A couple of photos of DRB #35.

Attachments

• Frontal view.JPG
    Frontal view.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Engine Bay.JPG
    Engine Bay.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,401
Dang! That is pretty much what I want except I'm about a year away from purchasing (plus "out of California" cars need 7500 miles on them)...

Good luck, both in selling the car and your new digs.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
NEWS FLASH ::::::

Cap'n Bill Bayard raises the bar in the Virgin Islands (no puns intended) for tourism !

- Terrifying flights over the beaches, coral, lagoons in the HoverWing

- Fishing trips in a hot-rod catamaran that does 80mph

- Scenic goat-track tours

Yee-Haa

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter,

Your psychic abilities never cease to amaze me!

Bill,

I'll be checking in from time to time. This forum has been a worse habit for me than a soap opera for an old woman. My car may be gone, but my addiction certainly isn't! Besides, somebody's gotta keep an eye on you guys!

Bill

Peter,

Your psychic abilities never cease to amaze me!

Bill,

I'll be checking in from time to time. This forum has been a worse habit for me than a soap opera for an old woman. My car may be gone, but my addiction certainly isn't! Besides, somebody's gotta keep an eye on you guys!

Bill

DRB #35 is finally on the way to it's new owner, Dan Pfister, in California.

I trust that you guys will keep him in line. ; ) He'll be needing "guidance".

Sad to see it leave, but life must go on. : (

I feel like I've just had an automotive colonic! :eek:

BTW, Dan used Stewart Transport. Nice people, nice semi rig, two level

trailer, etc. They deliver all the FF Cobra kits across the country, so "ride

sharing" can save some $$$.

Bill

Back