Dual filler neck - fuel AND oil cap- APEX

One of the things that I've been thinking about is the routine maintenance on the APEX - the primary thing really is oil changes since the rear body is not removable - reaching up through the body or removing part of your bulkhead to fill oil does not seem fun or easy.

I'm considering installing dual filler necks, one on each side of car, one for gas obviously and the other extending to the oil fill neck on the valve cover. Does anybody see potential problems with this? like low oil pressure or engine movement? and would I need a special cap/filler neck? anybody seen one if so?

On a related side note and I guess a question for Fran...I see the SLC has a recessed area for the filler neck to be cut. I haven't seen anything on the APEX. Is the filler intended to be located similarly on the APEX? Anything come with the Superlite fuel tank option or general kit or something we just put together?

Have you considered modifying the bodywork to allow the rear hatch to tilt back?

I did consider this but I think the way the roof skins to the eclipse roof line this would be pretty difficult. You would have to figure out a way of maintaining the roof line (attaching it to the cage instead) while not being attached to the rear clam. It probably could be done but I think this is beyond my capabilities. I also considered just a removable rear deck window using aero latches. Ultimately I didn't think this would add a tremendous amount of access (and I'm hesitant to ruin a perfectly good body). If I had more experience with major body mods and fiber glass I might take a stab at this.

Back