Dyno day

Took the car to see what tune was in it and get some areas cleaned up.

Tuned for 91 pump gas for now. Conservative on timing and a wee bit rich.

583 at the wheels at 6600.

Chris.....street car or track. Just sharing my tune experience, but I have gone thru 3 tuners. The first two dyno tuned for top end only. Car drove at the low end very poorly. Granted I know very little about big cam tuning, until the third tuner got involved. We street tuned the car while we drove in traffic, and what a difference that made. I wasn’t concerned about top end HP (sacrilege I know), but street driving is 99.9% of what this car will do. Hopefully this isn’t news to you, and you are more knowledgeable then I on this topic, but I bought myself a tuner so I can study and learn for myself the nuances of what’s been done to my ECU. Anyway, good numbers...good hunting.

I went into the dyno day today just seeking a conservative tune. I didn’t have any idea as to what was in the car. Was it tuned for race gas or pump gas? What was the timing like? Well it turns out that it was a very aggressive tune. We spent a majority of the time street tuning for drive ability. It is kinda strange driving around a busy area with quite a few police watching you and them not even looking twice. This tuner is well known in the area. We didn’t even have the rear clamshell on the car so no brake lights and the police could have cared less. They know this guy and know if he is in the car it’s alright. We then did some dyno pulls. To get WOT afr’s in line and transitions nailed down. I can tell you that racelogic traction control does work on the dyno. First couple of pulls it kicked in and bumfuzzled us. Tuner asked if it had traction control and the light came on in my head. Why yes it does. Tried a couple of pulls at higher timing settings and gained very little so we backed it down. Now to start working on the chassis and brake side of things. Making some titanium skids for the bottom of the drop floor. Should make pretty sparks like f1 cars.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Chris, where are you? It would be nice to add your location to your profile. Someone else might want to use your tuner.

Chris, where are you? It would be nice to add your location to your profile. Someone else might want to use your tuner.

Oklahoma City. The tuner is Andrei at Abel Racing in Midwest City. He seems very knowledgeable about the differences in tuning for max hp vs. driveability vs. road racing type situations. They have been on Garage Rehab and are best known for Street Outlaws and straightline stuff.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
How about a full picture from the side with those C7 Z06 wheels? Looks great on the dyno.

Do you still have the CCW wheels?

How about a full picture from the side with those C7 Z06 wheels? Looks great on the dyno.

Do you still have the CCW wheels?

I've got 2 sets of the CCW wheels but they have OLD tires on them. I had this set of Z06 wheels sitting around with fairly fresh rubber so I threw them on to drive on for now. I'll get a side shot up when I can.

Back