Electric powered SL-C

I didn't mean to put anyone off by my statements I was just stating my opinion from the experience that i have with this type of thing (read previous posts)..

Don't worry, you didn't put me off - I like people who speak their minds, whether or not I agree with it. Much better than when everybody hides their head in a hole in the ground and refuses to say anything contrary to popular opinion or that might be construed as bad :D

Bill did you notice that those cars were NOT doing ANYTHING SPECIAL. An Ultima with a mild motor will pull 0-60 in 3 sec (average) and the ariel atom actually seems to be not faster at all especially when you compare it to the supercharged version (which goes father and faster) so again outside of these one of vehicles (which do nothing special at all as even the SSC used a gas motor to put it in the record books) where is the benefit? The only HYBRID supercar that has a shot is the new Porsche 918 that still uses a gas motor backed by electric and that is not slated to go into production until 2012 for a meager 750,000K :laugh:. I'll stick with Gas and give you guy's a lift once your batteries run out :thumbsup:.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Electric motors are a lot more efficient(80+%) than ICE (internal combustion) around 20%, so the comparison made earlier about fuel usage being the same would be incorrect IMHO of course. I'm converting a car at the moment and the cost to charge batteries is very low.
Ross:thumbsup:

That datsun I am very familiar with and notice the cost; $35,000. Think that was for the car purchase? What it also didn't adress was how many miles the car will travel before you are dead on the side of the road. Again like I said earlier it is a neat gimmick but the technology is not there and unless you are FRAN (where there would be a marketing advantage) why would you do this? Again at this level we all want what we want but just because someone can do something doesn't mean that they should!!!!!!!

Alex I have been following your build closely and between you and Molluer I am going to go broke LOL :thumbsup: (still getting all of the EXTRA bits and pieces)

Back