Engine power!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Leave the cam. Change the heads. For the Holley Sniper you will need a swirl pot with feed and return from both tanks, a high pressure pump and several sensors for the ecu. Keep the carb you have for now.
For Edelbrock heads and head gasket set

AFR heads etc.

Cheers
Mike

Leave the cam. Change the heads. For the Holley Sniper you will need a swirl pot with feed and return from both tanks, a high pressure pump and several sensors for the ecu. Keep the carb you have for now.
For Edelbrock heads and head gasket set

AFR heads etc.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the reply. Why is only the head good? I was also thinking about setting up an Edelblock E street , but is it better to have only the performer's head?

Thanks for the reply. Why is only the head good? I was also thinking about setting up an Edelblock E street , but is it better to have only the performer's head?

Injection doesn't ad horsepower over a carb. Carb makes things a lot easyer also.
Horsepower can be found in the heads.
If you follow richard.holdener on FB or Youtube ( Westech Performance ) he dyno tested it all.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Good ally heads can add up to 90hp. Performer RPM heads are good.
Keep the cam, carb, inlet and exhaust for now. They will be OK.
Carefully match the inlet and exhaust to the heads. If the rocker arms are not roller type get a set of good roller rockers such as CompCams. Use good gaskets such as Felpro. Set up on dyne or rolling road - important.
Cheers
Mike

Good ally heads can add up to 90hp. Performer RPM heads are good.
Keep the cam, carb, inlet and exhaust for now. They will be OK.
Carefully match the inlet and exhaust to the heads. If the rocker arms are not roller type get a set of good roller rockers such as CompCams. Use good gaskets such as Felpro. Set up on dyne or rolling road - important.
Cheers
Mike

I confirmed the Edelbrock. Performer rpm is described as 1500 to 6500 rpm. Do you keep idling?

Mike Pass

Supporter
That refers to the strong power range so will pull well from low rpm with dual plane inlet manifold and still good power up to 6,500 rpm.
Idles smoothly at 800 - 850 rpm.
Cheers
Mike

That refers to the strong power range so will pull well from low rpm with dual plane inlet manifold and still good power up to 6,500 rpm.
Idles smoothly at 800 - 850 rpm.
Cheers
Mike

I'm thinking about replacing the intake manifold at the same time, but is it okay to just use the head? The installation of the Holy Sniper will be separated once.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I don't know which inlet manifold you have. I can't see from your pics. If you post a better pic that would help to see whether it is OK. The best dual plane manifold is the Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap.
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads are £1,855.96 per pair at Real Steel in UK
Performer Air Gap inlet manifold £400 at Real Steel in UK
Fit the better heads, replace fuel hoses and keep the rest that you have. Add the other stuff later.
Cheers
Mike

For more noise change to smaller straight through silencers.
For more power get some good aluminium cylinder heads such as Edelbrock Performer RPM or AFR 165 or 185. Usually worth up to 90hp increase over standard iron heads on a 302. Check out the list number of the Holley carburettor to see exactly what you have - you will find it on the choke tower on top of the carb.. It looks to be a vacuum secondary type carb with new metering blocks. Inlet manifold looks to be a dual plane of some kind but can't read the logo.
Cheers
Mike

My intake manifold comes with a Ford Motorsport M-9424-A321. This manifold has a firing order of 15426378, but the actual car has a firing order of 13726548. How about this intake?

Mike Pass

Supporter
The inlet manifold is fine. It is the same as the Performer RPM but with Ford markings. It is a good dual plane manifold. The marked firing order does not matter for an inlet manifold as it is just a bunch of tubes.
Cheers
Mike

The inlet manifold is fine. It is the same as the Performer RPM but with Ford markings. It is a good dual plane manifold. The marked firing order does not matter for an inlet manifold as it is just a bunch of tubes.
Cheers
Mike
thank you for your politeness. Then I would like to select Edelbrock performer rpm, but there are several types. Which one is right for you?

thank you for your politeness. Then I would like to select Edelbrock performer rpm, but there are several types. Which one is right for you?

Attachments

• EB3D4EE9-40FF-43BA-89F1-A2D12CD78ACA.jpeg
    EB3D4EE9-40FF-43BA-89F1-A2D12CD78ACA.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 230

Mike Pass

Supporter
For Ford Windsor 302ci

Edelbrock Performer RPM cylinder heads 60255
60cc combustion chamber, 190cc inlet runners, 2.02"inlet, 1.6" exhaust
I have been using these on my car for over 10 years.
Match the inlet manifold to the heads. Use good gaskets e.g. Felpro. Use ARP bolts with their thread lube. Use a set of good quality roller rockers.
On a 302 should be around 340hp and 340ft.lbs torque and will be a good strong street setup.
Set up on a rolling road.
Cheers
Mike

Edelbrock says it's okay to be a performer if you don't want to replace the cam. However, considering that the cam will be replaced in the future, should I choose the performer RPM?

Back