Epoxy Floors

Just wanted to know if anyone ever used the Epoxy Plus system for their garage floor/ how easy is it to apply I want to do a Titanium and Pearl accent floor. If you type in Epoxy Plus Floors look at the videos.

Neil

Supporter
Larry;

I've never used The Epoxy Plus brand floor covering but I did have an epoxy primer rollered on to the concrete floor of my workshop and then had it top coated with a two-part Sherwin-Williams polyurethane. This is available only from the S-W industrial distributors, not the usual S-W retail outlets. It has held up very well and the light color makes it brighter in the shop. Polyurethane is resistant to gas & oil and if you clean up spilled brake fluid promptly, it won't hurt it, either.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Attachments

• IMG_20170919_154937039.jpg
    IMG_20170919_154937039.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 432

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I used EpoxyCoat from EpoxyCoat.com on my shop floor. 100% solids.
My only regret is mixing in the dark colored flakes - although the anti-skid property of them are good...

Attachments

• 1E3BDC8C-896F-4DA1-A83F-DD2637D0E2D1.jpeg
    1E3BDC8C-896F-4DA1-A83F-DD2637D0E2D1.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 635D659D-1B87-421B-8E2E-6A017974CDDB.jpeg
    635D659D-1B87-421B-8E2E-6A017974CDDB.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 334
Larry;

I've never used The Epoxy Plus brand floor covering but I did have an epoxy primer rollered on to the concrete floor of my workshop and then had it top coated with a two-part Sherwin-Williams polyurethane. This is available only from the S-W industrial distributors, not the usual S-W retail outlets. It has held up very well and the light color makes it brighter in the shop. Polyurethane is resistant to gas & oil and if you clean up spilled brake fluid promptly, it won't hurt it, either.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
Neil thanks for the advice

Steve

Supporter
My garage is starting to get pitted from all the winter crud I bring in. The floors have in floor heat so I use it year round. I’m looking to do an epoxy floor next spring but I really want an anti-skid finish without the flakes. If you drop a small washer or nut on anything but a solid color floor it’s impossible to find. Any recommendations?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
My garage is starting to get pitted from all the winter crud I bring in. The floors have in floor heat so I use it year round. I’m looking to do an epoxy floor next spring but I really want an anti-skid finish without the flakes. If you drop a small washer or nut on anything but a solid color floor it’s impossible to find. Any recommendations?
EpoxyCoat.com does have bags of Silica Grit (fine sand) that can be mixed in or sprinkled immediately after application. It does provide “some” antiskid protection, perhaps not as much as the flakes do though.. I wish I had gone this route.
If you do go with flakes, I believe you can now buy the flakes in the same color as the epoxy..

Neil

Supporter

Steve, that is the reason I painted my shop floor bright yellow- I can find small parts that get dropped. A light color also makes the shop brighter since it reflects the light.

Back