ERA Stops GT40 Replica Production - No New Orders Taken

Actually, my friend Jose "drives" his ERAGT via a play station from the comfort of his barcalounger in his air-conditioned living room in PR, large Italian Sausage Grinder close at hand (and bathroom only steps away).

I've been dealing with the good folks up at ERA for several decades now and have often had discussions with them about the challenges and evolving marketplace for their (mostly) male fantasy machines.

The reasons for not accepting any more orders on the ERAGT at this time are, in part, all of the reasons mentioned above. The primary reason, however, is fairly straightforward. Having committed to building all of the existing chassis that were "up on the shelf", another run of stainless chassis would require a financial (and time) commitment that, given the current economy, would not, they feel, be a gamble that they should prudently undertake.

The cars are great, of course, but the best part of the whole experience for me has been getting to know folks from all walks of life and from all over the world that share a common passion; a raging, untreatable condition of motormania.

Here's to what is around the next corner...

Jim

"Actually, my friend Jose "drives" his ERAGT via a play station from the comfort of his barcalounger in his air-conditioned living room in PR, large Italian Sausage Grinder close at hand (and bathroom only steps away)."

Most of your miles in the GT are on and off the trailer. My engine starts instantly and runs good. Your's choke, spits and cough all the way from the trailer to the tent. You can get a part time job in New York killing mosquitoes. Italian Sausage Grinder is Peter's taste. I prefer ch'orizo and Wisconsin Bratwurst. We have to make another trip to Road America.

Jose: Done deal... Wisc. Vintage races here we come. You drive your car and I'll trailer mine (and, your's too).
Jim

PS: See ya on "Mafia" Tuesday...

Done. I will look for another nice hotel like the roach motel at the Glen. I will raise the budget to $25.00/day instead of $22.00 to cover inflation. Or the Hotel we stayed at Indy which had the last guest silhouette painted in the carpet (Knights Inn). See you on Tuesday.

Back