ERA's in the UK

Hi, are there any ERA's being built or up and running in the UK...

Would we benefit for the £ to $ exchange at the moment, bearing in mind their 2x year waiting list...

Any thoughts...?

regards

db

There are a couple in Europe (and Japan for that matter), but I am not aware of any in the UK. I will check with Peter at ERA the next time I speak with him... he doesn't "do" e-mail.

Jim

The thought has similarly occured to me and the best i can suggest is that you contact Peter or Bob at ERA. I have spoken to both in the past and found them very helpful.

With regard to the exchange rate this is currently running at 1.955 and so is very favourable. There always exists the possibility to take a forward contract on the $ to reduce your risk on currency fluctuations but this does require a 10% deposit. If the £ gets weaker you win and stronger you loose! Therefore suggest spreading the risk by taking only 50% on a forward contract. Try TT money corp Moneycorp - Foreign exchange rates, currency transfers and forex trading for commercial and private clients. the only other point to bear in mind is that you cant fix the rate for more than 2 years in adavnce and you need to know the delivery date!

Otherwise why not change £'s to $'s now and bank $60k in a high interst $ account. $ interest rates are lower than £

Other costs to be born in mind are Shipping costs which will probably run at close to £2k landed and the dreaded VAT.

This is the route my thoughts have followed anway for any US Kit

Miles

When I contacted Bob he told me they hadn't sold any to the UK. This was about 2 years ago, so this may have changed by now.

Back