Exhaust / Muffler measurement needed

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys,

If a few of you would be so kind as to give me a measurement from the back surface of the aluminum tie-bar (see picture) to the tips of your tailpipes - I would really appreciate it...
I don't have the rear clamshell available here and I would like to start in on getting the exhaust system cut/fit and the right angle and so it doesn't stick out too far..

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Thanks guys...

Randy, it is 27 inches to the tip of my pipes from the aluminum cross member. The tips are 20 inches off the ground to the bottom of my pipes. My cars is 4.75 inches of the ground at the rear lower cross member. Hope that helps!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That's GREAT Dean!

From what I can tell, your pipes don't stick out from the bodywork very far. I've seen others that stick out up to 6" or so..

Thank you!

Thats right, they stick out less than an inch. You wouldn't want to be any shorter but you could go up to 3 inches longer depending on the look you want.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Randy,
Tip of the megaphone to the rear side of the cross member is 30".
I can't give a vertical dimension of the tips as that is not yet finalized.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rob - Good info! Do you think you'll be cutting your pipes or tailpipes down at all?
How far do they stick out the rear of your bodywork?

-edit- Rob, I just checked out your build thread.. Can you open the rear with the pipes sticking out that far with no interference?

I'll be fabricating a rear mount to support the weight of the pipes/mufflers once I have the height set right (Thanks Dean).

Last edited:
Back