Exhausts - Where are you guys sourcing them from?

Ron Earp

Admin
For those doing a home build or on your own, who are you getting your exhausts from with respect to full cross-over systems?

Ron Earp

Admin
I was more wondering if there is an independent vendor that does them for clients. I get PM's about them from time to time, people asking me where to get stuff, and that is about the number one thing I get asked about. I generally direct them to GT40 producers but even those guys don't have exhausts all the time for others to buy.

Of course I have fond memories of Custom Metal Werk and George C. doing them, but we won't go there!!!

I'm just interested for general info and for possible inclusion into site plans. I'll use whatever RCR does for Lola's, either straight back or crossovers.

Ron

I don't have the results yet, but I have a shop(Atlanta Chassis Dyno) where my engine is being finished and the finish welding on the stainless steel panels is being done. They are good friends of mine. The owner is Brad Brand who runs an outlaw Mustang drag car. They do all their own fabricating, aluminum tubing to stainless exhaust. They are running a twin turbo 500+ cu. in. engine that produces around 1000 H P. All of their lines from the turbo to the cooler that sits in the passenger compartment, and then to the engine are fabricated by his assistant. This guy is really good. Whether he is working with aluminum or stainless. I have seen him weld aluminum cans together. They have offered to do my exhaust work, which will be patterned after Fran's crossover system. All I have from them is an hourly rate. All they need is a picture of what I want. I should have the car out to them in the next week or so, if my suspension and brake pieces get back in. Just waiting for them to arrive, so I can get the car down off the stand and to several shops for the final work that I can't get done myself. They are located just outside of Covinton, Ga.. Their shop stays busy with other projects that Brad does for other racers. They have a chassis dyno in the shop, and that will be utilized once some of the big work is done.

Bill

Attachments

• Headers RCR5.jpg
    Headers RCR5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 510
We'll have our Stainless 180 deg GT 40 headers available soon. They are proper. CNC mandrel bends. No cut and weld u bends. Each primary is one piece 1 3/4" with 2 1/2' Colector outlet. Our first offering will be for 302/ Audi combination. Available in mill or polished. Pricing will be right. We should have a set at Carlisle.
Chris
Historic Race Car Reproductions

Back