F1 2007

For what its worth I have to agree with Frank's post above.

As much as I support Webber as a fellow Aussie and am sure he has had more than his fair share of bad luck / frustration over the last couple of years, to be completely honest, I am getting pretty crapped off with his whinging every time something happens.

Sure he was in a good position on the weekend but I think both he and Vettle simply got caught out. What happened, happened. Get over it and move on.

I terms of erratic driving, I am confident LH wasn't the ONLY one on the day driving like this under the S/C, so should everyone be investigted????

If there was a safety car on track in the dry, I would bet my left knacker that EVERY driver would be driving erratically warming tyres and brakes. The fact it was wet doesn't change the inherent driver behaviour.

Personally I think the FIA / F1 organisation will use the opportunity to get their "Blockbuster" finale to the season for ratings.

Enough ranting, Im off to watch Bathurst. I bet it will be more entertaining and a hell of a lot less political......

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Kubica's comments about copping a drive through for hitting LH were interesting, he said that there have been heaps of people coming into contact with one another this season and he is the first to get a drive through penalty. He wasn't happy about it..

Also interesting on the youtube clip is how "erratic" looking some of the other cars are behind the accident.
I agree Rick, Webber has been whinging quite a bit this season.. He could learn a bit from Button about keeping a lid on it.

Bill

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Daily Telegraph cited the prospect of a ten-position grid penalty, which would severely dent Hamilton's chances of winning the Chinese grand prix and therefore securing the drivers' title on Sunday.
The newspaper also quoted Jenson Button as on Thursday joining Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Nick Heidfeld, Franz Tost and others in criticising Hamilton's driving.
"When I was behind him it felt really inconsistent," the Honda driver said.
"I don't know what he was doing really. He came through the last section and he kept slowing down. He knew the safety car wasn't coming in and he kept hitting the brakes hard in the last sector so everyone would bunch up. Then he'd shoot off and brake again."

Who said Button isn't whinging?:dead:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From F1.com:

Formula One stewards have chosen not to penalise McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton after an enquiry into his driving behind the safety car in last weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.

The investigation followed suggestions that erratic driving by Hamilton had been responsible for Toro Rosso’s Sebastian Vettel crashing into the rear of Mark Webber’s Red Bull. Webber and Vettel were running second and third behind Hamilton at the time and both were eliminated in the incident.

Vettel was initially blamed for the shunt, which happened in unusually wet conditions, and was given a ten-place grid penalty for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix as a result. However, stewards have now opted to replace that sanction with a reprimand.

Friday's decision means Hamilton could wrap up the 2007 drivers’ title in China on Sunday.

Keith

Not sure that that was a whinge David, more of a de facto statement really......

I think JB is too de-sensitised from reality to whinge - with him it's more a case of SSDD.... like - :shrug:

However, I believe he DID whinge earlier when he reckoned (with a few others) that the race shouldn't have started anyway. But would he have said that if he had have found himself in amongst the leaders?

So with all this moaning that is going on.... does this mean there is some sort of unwritten code of conduct that says that 'as a driver i trust the person in front of me to drive as expected at all times so i may follow very closely and look good on camera with up to 2 cars in a TV shot at anyone time to please all the sponsers of both cars.....that way i will win endorsements to substitute my meagre salary......

Come on, reverse grids and qualifying points with no holds on technology except steel brakes, sort the drivers from the passengers

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Vettel was initially blamed for the shunt, which happened in unusually wet conditions, and was given a ten-place grid penalty for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix as a result. However, stewards have now opted to replace that sanction with a reprimand.

RBR - QED ?

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I thought the decision regarding Vettel to be a fair one....he was wrong , but it was a racing incident.

I was surprised that LH made the comment he did about not racing in F1 anymore.....although he would make a hell of an addition to NASCAR :)

I think Webber needs to STFU for a bit - at least until he gets some results.

It seems to me that the Stewards need to be a little less "erratic" in their thinking. Maybe they can come up with a real complicated set of guidelines for them to follow that will allow them to deal with anything that comes up.

It seems the drivers are expected to behave within a very narrow range, why not the Stewards? After all they are sitting on their fat asses with time on their side - seems like a good decision should be relatively easy to come by.

DDDDDOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be raining again on Sunday! When it rains here it can be quite hard, we very rarely get "soft rain".

Who remembers "Packamacks" (not sure of spelling)? Well, they are still very popular here, so my mate Ray and I will be wearing brand new ones. Cost about 70 pence each! Umbrellas are f**k all use (to continue using this weeks favourite expression) in Shanghai rain.

I must remember to keep my thumb over the hole in the top of the bottle to prevent the rain from diluting the beer. Mind you, it's Fosters, so it's pretty much diluted anyway.

Reminds me of a joke:

Man in pub: Barman, your beer is like making love in a punt.
Barman: How do you mean?
Man in pub: It's f**king close to water.

Hey Ho! Must get to bed, have to up for qualifying tomorrow.

Regards
Dave

Keith

What a lap!!!! rockonsmile

LH on pole and FA 4th...

DC 5th (what price old farts now) and JB 10th....

Cool as.......:coolgleam:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
David, he started already.

In an interview after qualifying, Astronzo stated that LH gets to use one more set of tires in qualifying - a statement the interviewers investigated and found to be not true.

Back