F1 is boring me to death!!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: News round up

David,
Some of your post should, perhaps, be explained some more.
If you are at Hockenheim this year, our location is adjacent to Auweg /Thomas Mann Strasse which can be accessed from route L599. We will be en route to Budapest after the last pit stop in Hockenheim unless it's raining.
It's relatively easy to spot our location - have a look on www.racemet.com

Interesting views from Alonso on one of the web sites about Rossi's recent Ferrari test. He says he's glad Maranello wasted time testing him! But his final comment was really interesting - he said Rossi would find F1 difficult but thought he might be quick enough for a podium - but said he could do that on m'bikes given a the same amount of practice! Fighting talk! Now that would be good - a TV special with Rossi in a Formula One car and Alonso on a Grand Prix bike and see which gets nearest to the top qualifying lap for that particular circuit.....

Olga's name thought up by my friend Kate when I bought her (Olga not Kate....) Olga has recently disgraced herself by spreading her innards over the A14 near Cambridge and is currently awaiting a rebuilt engine....I had just uttered those fatefull words: 'she's going really well today!' as we neared 70mph towing the kart trailer..Doh!

Alonso who?

I've heard Rossi might being going to something called F1; I might have to watch that.
He is World MotoGP Champion you know, sort of like Renault and the drivers championship.

Tim.

D

DavidTC

Guys
It would be nice to see someone emulate John Surtees' record on two wheels and four. Damon was apparently pretty good on 2 wheels (but not a world champion).It's easier I think to start off on 2 wheels and then change to 4 rather than the other way around.
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
New rumour

Eddie Jordan apparently overheard Schumacher and Ross Brawn might buy Renault and run their own Formula One team.
Jordan gave Germany's Schumacher a big leg up in 1991 and heard the idea being discussed by the pair.

Sounds like a load of bollocks so it must be true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

1. After dazzling everybody with their chrome look bodywork,
McLaren now admit they are facing an uphill struggle with their Mercedes V8 engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif
2. Raikkonen will decide on his future vis-a-vis to stay or go to Ferrari based on McLaren's performance in the opening rounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif
3. Niki Lauda has slated BMW'S efforts so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
4. Alonso thinks the Honda is the class of the field in testing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon_bs.gif
5. Pat Symonds says Renault and Honda are the strongest teams based on testing so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
6. Tony George IRL and Ecclestone are talking again. If something comes of talks in Las Vegas it may be in addition to Indianapolis rather than instead of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif
7. Weber goes fastest in Barcelona - big fish little puddle syndrome. Renault resume testing later today (Wednesday) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
8. Super Aguri have has a difficult start in rainy Barcelona. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamed.gif

Keith

[ QUOTE ]

8. Super Aguri have has a difficult start in rainy Barcelona. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamed.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But they're deffo going to run? Any news on the pilots?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Ex Marlow lad and former /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gifDestructive Test Engineer (Joke?) - Takumo Sato and his no.2 Yuji Ide (Ex Formula Nippon man - apparently a useful pedaller).

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Ralf - the younger Schumaker says of his brother that Michael has no chance of being a champion again and will just have fun in 2006.
I wish somebody would pay me to have fun....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

D

DavidTC

No love lost there then !;BUT Ferrari are good at sandbagging !

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Friday testing from Barcelona

1. ALONSO Renault 1m14.081s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

2. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m14.422s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

3. FISICHELLA Renault 1m14.520s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

4. KLIEN Red Bull 1m14.613s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

5. DAVIDSON Honda 1m15.107s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. ROSBERG Williams 1m15.829s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

7. TRULLI Toyota 1m16.024s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

8. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m16.288s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

9. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m16.687s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

10. WURZ Williams 1m18.130s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

11. DOORNBOS Red Bull no time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
New qualifying procedure for 2006

I've simplified this as much as I can so that those in advancing years can understand it:
New rules for qualifying this year:
A. Changes to Engine:
1. Reduced for 2006 from 3-litre V10 units to 2.4-litre 90º V8s.
2. Engines must last two entire race weekends - ten-grid slot penalty for a premature engine change.
3.The Scuderia Toro Rosso team has been permitted to use V10 engines.
B. Change to Qualifying procedure.
1. Now a three session procedure, lasting one hour. Drivers can go out as often as they want to in any of the three sessions unless they’ve been eliminated.

2. First Session - 15-minutes - all cars on track with minimum fuel loads. Slowest six drivers will be eliminated and they make up the final quarter of the race grid from P17 to P22 in order of their lap times in this session.
3. Five minutes break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gifthen:
4. Second session - 15 minutes again with 16 cars out – again low fuel config.
5.The slowest six go out and make up P11 to P16 on Sunday's grid in.
6. Another five minute break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gifthen:
7.Third session -20 minutes with the remaining 10 cars competing for pole position, but now with fuel that the teams declare they will start the race on.

C. Changes to Tyre procedures
1. Tyre changing permitted.
2. Seven sets per car during a race weekend.

Clear as mud? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

D

DavidTC

Re: New qualifying procedure for 2006

All available on the FIA website; hence my wait and see advice further back on this thread !.
David

D

DavidTC

Re: New qualifying procedure for 2006

David
Not sure what you have in mind; my main pre-occupation as a season ticket holder is the 'Toon' for the cup. With the nearest premiership side more than 50 miles away presumably this has little interest for you !.
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Football?

I presume Toon refers to Newcastle - thereafter I'm at a loss. Premiership - of what? Only kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

If its any help I saw beckhams in Chaplins furniture store
in Hatch End. That is probably the only involvement in football I've had in the last 40 years. No - not quite true - I flew Norwich City around the country to away games in 1986/87 on Saturday afternoons at the same time as UB40 on the "Rat in the Kitchen" tour. Deep fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

DavidTC

Re: Football?

David
Its interesting that Newcastle United ten years ago had the objective of creating a real sporting club with interests not only in soccer but also rugby, basketball and also motorsport. The soccer and rugby interests still survive but the Motorsport interests have disappeared. You may recall seeing the Newcastle Utd black and white livered Le Mans Lister car competing in GT races including at Le Mans.
Many of us would settle for the Club doing one thing really well,BUT it was a brave attempt which no one else has tried in the UK.
Regards
David

Back