Fat Larry's GTR Build

If the gen2 have an extra set of injectors, I hope you got the stock ECU with it, I don't see how the aftermarket module could work.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Please keep us posted on your progress Larry... I am a huge fan of this engine!

From what I know so far Ford does not sell a harness yet for the 2017/ 2018 engine swap with manual trans like they did with their crate motors so time for the brain to start working

Ok so far I would say RCR has been great getting me all of the back ordered equipment the transmission arrived last night so I believe the only thing left are the half shafts and I should have what I ordered job well done Kristin the new motor should be here today so time to get plumbing

Joel K

Supporter
Larry, I have all the Barret Jackson’s recorded. Do you recall approximately what time it was auctioned off?

Johnny M

Supporter
Hey Larry.......thank you for the info. i also saw Barrett Jackson Scottsdale.......SLC LS7.....$126,500.00.

There two GTR's for sale by a family with change of heart. If anyone interested in immediate possession with essentially free Graz trans, I kind help guide you in the direction. I have NO affiliation other than stumbled across them yesterday.

Larry

When you have the opportunity can you pull measurements on the Ecoboost with the turbos attached? Information for these swaps is very hard to find.

Thanks

Well I finally was able to get back into the garage today, I installled the new 3.5 Ecoboost Twin Turbo motor and the clutch and Graz Trans now I can start planning the air intakes and exhaust systems

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 575
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 578
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 642
Larry

When you have the opportunity can you pull measurements on the Ecoboost with the turbos attached? Information for these swaps is very hard to find.

Thanks
Allan what measurement would you like me to give you width turbo to turbo, height oil pan to intake manifold, depth back of engine to oil filter

Back