Fat Larry's GTR Build

Ok so I had to tack on the steering hub so we could move the car to the other side the car lift is coming in a few weeks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 789
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 790
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 743
Well after wondering for a while if I could rotate the intake manifold 180 degrees well and behold I can which will make everything else work out perfectly i.e. Intercooler image.jpeg

I was able to get back in the garage today so I mounted the Intercooler, air intakes off the side scoops, and the plumbing from the turbo's back to the Intercooler I am waiting for a pair of stainless steel filter boxes to be fab'd from my old place of employeement which I hope is this week

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 794
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 732
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 783
I was able to spend some time in the garage today so I finished up making my Stainless Steel Filter Boxes , I have one more fitting to fab for the passenger side of the car I also ordered my cats and my mufflers to finish the exhaust system I hope to invest in a tig welder over the holidays so I can finish up all of the welds I have a mig but the tig produces a much better finish weld the self tapping screws are temporary until the units are either polished or powder coated

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 607
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 592
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 593
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 636
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 702
So I noticed my pictures were not a good quality so I changed my camera so as of today I am done all the mockup of the turbo plumbing and exhaust plumbing I just need to finish weld all of the joints. Next to move onto the fuel system and cooling system

Attachments

• Larry's Pic's 044.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 044.JPG
    514.8 KB · Views: 671
  • Larry's Pic's 045.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 045.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 679
  • Larry's Pic's 046.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 046.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 646
  • Larry's Pic's 047.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 047.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 643
  • Larry's Pic's 048.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 048.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 590
  • Larry's Pic's 049.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 049.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 607
  • Larry's Pic's 050.JPG
    Larry's Pic's 050.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 635
Yeah, but didn't the new gen Heritage #9 sell for 2.5m? We are so low rent. I'm really a fan of the 1st gen, but the second gen is just so well thought out in its details....too bad with all those details comes several high fault items.

Sending out a request to see if anyone has any contacts at Ford trying to find out if they are developing a Control Pack for the 2017 3.5 GEN 2 Ecoboost Twin Turbo Motor like they have done in the past, I have the control pack for the earlier version but will not work because of the dual fuel circuit on the Gen 2. If not I will need to start from scratch.

Did you get a factory ECU and harness with yours? My new truck has a gen2 3.5 EB and I’ve been playing with the tune on it, and although I have no need to test, it looks fairly easy to disable PATS and other un-needed functions.

Did you get a factory ECU and harness with yours? My new truck has a gen2 3.5 EB and I’ve been playing with the tune on it, and although I have no need to test, it looks fairly easy to disable PATS and other un-needed functions.
Yes I have the factory ECU and engine harness yes I here the PATS are easy what I really need is identification of the engine sensors and various pin connectors.

Everything except the injectors should be the same as Gen1, dowload the manual for the stand alone control pack and use it as a guide.

Alan I actually purchased a Control Pack for the Gen 1 when I was trying to get a crate motor so I have the manual and yes I have been studying the manual to see if I can make things work what is you've experience with these motors

Back