Fiero Based V8 GT40 Replica

The builder insists that the body is an exact replica of the original MK1, just doesn't look right.
MVC-870F.JPG

MVC-875F.jpg

MVC-900F.jpg
Mvc-531f.jpg

Actually, other than some dimensions being off,
the body is pretty close to the original MkI.
Now, the original MkI is not like the MkIB that
most everyone is familiar with. The front is a little
sharper, like the pic you have.

Ian

Looks wayyy too short of a wheel base,, and since its from a fiero I bet it is. Makes the car look squished, body work and all, just my thoughts, Dan

Joebio,

The three triangular shaped vent areas are missing from the front clip (around the spare tire cover).

Not a bad looking body overall, though I agree with the comment about the wheelbase looking a bit short.

Have fun!

John

Just looked at the forum where that car is being
discussed. The builder claims a stock Fiero is only
.24" shorter in wheelbase than a GT40. Odd, a stock
Fiero is 93.4" and a GT40 is about 95". He's off
a bit. The wodths are close (about an inch diff) and
total length is the same otherwise.

The bottom of the nose looks squashed though. Otherwise,
as I said, it's not too bad - better than the ASPP and
Valkyrie/Avenger as far as correctness. Still, he needs
at least anoher inch in wheelbase.

Ian

All the things you pointed out,Ian, are correct. Also the wheels are poorly placed in the openings, it has the early 1964 nose, with all its poor aero qualities, the sills are poorly proportioned and the back end looks like somebody drop kicked it. Other than that nice car - for somebody.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Looks like a car I've seen before. Do you have the seller and/or the builder's name?

I think it's V8-Archie....known for his V-8 conversion kits.

Reading through the thread it appears he plans to sell these
as rollers based on hacked up Fieros. Looks like a lot of labor to me. Will be interesting to see the price.

MikeD

The price he has eluded to is around $45k as a completed car ,he says that it is not a home builders car and certainly not a rookie build.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This is my 1st post in this forum. So this is kinda a test post too.

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm safe to post and how all of this works.

But I found a thread I can reply to.

So I thought I'd update the pictures from Carlisle.

I'll be taking this car to the Knott's show next week.

MVC-246F.jpg

Archie

I'm surprised at the lack of Knott's show coverage I've been able to find here. So I'll give you mine.

I thought I'd update with a few pictures from the Knott's show.

MVC-783F.JPG

MVC-790F.jpg

MVC-793F.jpg

MVC-740F.jpg

Mine wasn't the only GT40 at the show. This one pulled in as we were getting
set-up on Friday. It's very cool and appears to be worth the big green. VaaaRoooooom

In the 1st picture above you also can see a Gulf colored car. It was also very nice, Wish I could afford it.

I didn't get any more time to get any better pics of Either car.

I actually expected to find a zillion pics of both of them here.

MVC-735F.jpg

Peace, Archie

The ones that cost big green, suffer the same problems as

the rest. The silver car looks a whole lot like Hersh's car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Are those puddles of coolant running out from underneath?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope that it wasn't anything serious, Hersh!

Hey Archie,
Thanks for the compliment. It really doesn't cost that nuch if you build it yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yep!, that's coolant coming out from my GT. There was a loose clamp on the front causing air to be introdused to the system. I tightened it up and everything was fine on the way back home. Robert Logan drove my GT there and back. A total of 900 miles. The leaky hose was the only issue.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Judging from the panel gap fitment it is a well made car,
with nice neat fitment of the panels, but in my opinion there is far to big a gap between tyres and body - makes it look too much like a high rider 4x4 - and the 1964 style nose is not as nice as the '65 onwards - overall it looks well made though.

Speaking of Gulf Gt40's heres a pic of my replica - it's for sale [email protected]
+- $54 000

Attachments

• 38511-Johns GT40 - front three quater view.jpg
    38511-Johns GT40 - front three quater view.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 4,730
Back