First Drive 1076

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Folks,

Here's a pic of John and his wife Jill going for the first drive in his CAV GT40mk1b Gulf Spec car. It was a perfect day (see any snow?).

Our goal was to reproduce as closely as possible JWA1076, the sister team car to JWA1075, with some concessions to road going like A/C, Luggage and a jack for the Radar Detector!

I'm not sure who was more excited or nervous, me handing over the beast or John taking it out after a brief orientation session!

Anyways, they were gone over an hour and returned with lots of smiles (and adrenaline pumping).

There's a lot of 1st's on this car: Right Hand Drive with Right Hand Shift, Wide Track Rear Suspension, Gulf colours with strait stripes as per 1076, Side Marker Lights, Remote Brake Booster, 2pc Luggage, New Console with Cup Holder and Accessory Jack, New Seats, New Leather Door Panels, New Gulf Decals and a whole bunch of little things you'll never see.

I want to thank John and Jill for allowing me to indulge myself with new things on their car. His enthusiasm and patience made it all possible and the wait worth while.

Attachments

• 56683-JP1076FirstDrivec.jpg
    56683-JP1076FirstDrivec.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 424

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Ben, I did say "consession" to road use! hahahah Ron, here's a pic of the suspect cup holder...

Attachments

• 56697-RHDInterior.jpg
    56697-RHDInterior.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 397
As they say in Canada - "beauty eh?" Nothing like driving a GT40 with a fresh cup of Tim's!

Nice job Ian - slobber....

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ian, you do us proud! I would like to see a whole gallery of pics including all the space you made up front by re-locating the booster. So now that you're done, you can start upgrading Angelo's car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Ian,
That was quite a day. The car shifted nice, ran beautiful, mean to the bone. Driving on the right side was pretty easy to get use to. She's home now getting ready for a Sunday drive at the end of the month.

It was a long time coming, but it was worth the wait. Ian did a terrific job creating the GT40 of my dreams.

I finally slapped on the "GT40 LM" licence plate yesterday.

Thanks Ian for all your hard work and expert knowledge in making this car a reality for me. Outstanding.

You have a car that looks like that and only one exterior shot? Shame on you. You certainly need to post more or at least a link to an album. It isn't fair to those like me you have yet to get their GT40.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Thanks John,

Here's another pic for the album, enjoy your drive on Sunday and send pictures!

Cheers

Attachments

• 56722-JP1076RH#.jpg
    56722-JP1076RH#.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 394
Ian, I assume this car is licensed for the street?? If so, what brand of wheels are those and are they DOT approved?

Pretty cool, Ian.

What I want to know is how the hell do you go through the drive-through at Tim Horton's with a GT-40...!!@#$?

Thanks for posting the pics,

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Someone please post a link here to the other photos/thread w/photos. What a spectacular vehicle!! John, you're living my dream, brother. There are no words...

Thanks Doc,

I am truly giddy everytime I see it. I am going on an exotic car drive this Sunday to Banff. I will post pictures of the day. I have been getting emails all day from guys who own exotics, telling me how impressed they are with the car. All I tell them is sell your F-car or L-car and get a 40. I've had those cars. They are great cars. But I never had so much adrenaline pumping until I drove this car. This is why we love the GT40. The reason why we are on a forum that represents only one kind of car. It was better than I expected. That's all I have to say.

Pictures to come Monday.........

Lovely car. Sounds like you had a very, very nice initial experience. Also sounds like you have a great weekend planned ... that is a spectacular drive and I can only imagine how it would be in a super car.

Envy dripping all over my shirt in West Virginia!

Enjoy the weekend you very lucky fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

John,
congrats on a superb car.
you have the best of both worlds there in Calgary.
Banff just up the road for a pot of skiing in the winter, and a GT40 to take you there in the summer.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your trip.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
RRRRRoll up the RRRRim to win!!!!!

I assume you have recently seen the inquest results of Tim Horton's untimely demise as a result of his over medicated drive in his Pantera...
Sad....
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What a great day for a drive in Alberta yesterday. The weather was sunny and cool. Met up with a lot of guys at the Banff springs. The ENZO and the Murci roadster arrived as well. Great day to be with a bunch of great guys. We took the 1A from Cochrane. No cars on the road, except for a herd of rams and goats crossing the road.

Need a few more GT40's here. That might be soon however. A lot of people didn't think they were avalable here. Car drove very well for its first outing. Had a lot of fun learning the car. I'm looking forward to the summer.

A great fellow named Sheldon took a ton of pictures of the drive. Below is his link.

web page

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi John,

When I was in Alberta last year for the Edmonton International Auto Show, I saw the mountains in the distance. The pictures your friend has posted are great.

I cropped one of the pics out here because it's soooooo Canadian.

Cheers

Attachments

• 56998-RamGT40.jpg
    56998-RamGT40.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 322
Back