Ford GT starter wiring

2 questions regarding wiring the ford GT starter

1:

Is there any remote solenoid? In a mustang there's a remote solenoid to prevent burning out the starter.

You have this guy:

product1_490.jpg

Which feeds into this guy:

product1_472.jpg

My understanding is that you can wire directly to the starter in the mustang, but you will over-tax it and eventually burn it out with the remote solenoid inline. What about a Ford GT?

2:

There's a weatherpak connection beside the power post on the starter. I called Ford and asked how much for the weatherpak connector - $556 :( (becuase they make you buy the battery cable too, lol! ) ... soooooo, is this a generic connector that I can only buy 1 of :)

i just bent a 49 cent slotted connector and siliconed it up. then zip tied it to the starter cable. pretty hard to get off.

there is no seperate starter solenoid in the ford GT. the battery wire goes directly from the battery to the starter and the alternator output wire is also connected to the starter terminal. for the small connector I used a 3/16" wide spade connector and filled it with silicone leaving a 6" pig tail wire with a single weatherpak connector on the end. that save me $555 I guess

wellll, that is one way to do it I suppose :D

I'm still determined to find the pigtail for it though! Maybe if I call Ford directly, ehehe

Btw, are the 2 mounting bolts for the starter metric or standard, and does anybody know off the top of their head what size?

wellll, that is one way to do it I suppose :D

I'm still determined to find the pigtail for it though! Maybe if I call Ford directly, ehehe

Btw, are the 2 mounting bolts for the starter metric or standard, and does anybody know off the top of their head what size?
I have a small lead on the pigtail part #. there is a service part # for some ford starter terminal problems and a replacement connector pigtail that matches the Ford basic part number with the number in the Ford GT wiring book 14A280
just don't know what the basic number means. is it the basic number for the connector or the complete cable assy.?
6U2Z-14S411-NA is the part # of the new starter pigtail and cost $ 11
No Crank / Starter Terminal Fatigue
I have not had the time to research any further and not sure it is worth it as mine works fine and almost looks like it is suppose be that way
the starter bolts are Metric but I would have to check the size

So here's what I"ve got so far

6U2Z-14S411-NA fits a F250-550, explorer, and sport trak.

14a280 is unknown

Ford won't sell the pigtail separately (that I can find at the moment)

Denso won't respond to any type of consumer enquiries (i was hoping to figure out the type of weatherpak they use for the pigtail)

Starter bolts are M10 x 35

Also, for some unusual reason Ford has locked the print of W500035S426 ... which I have no clue what that means, lol

The starter bolt dimensions I gave may be wrong ... I got ahold of Adrian (DAB) and he said they're M8x1.25. Guess I'll buy both and see which fit, M8 or M10

fyi, for anybody who searches for this later on, they're m10x1(course); uncertain of length, but I guess 35?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Okay, question, If the headers are not going to be any where near the starter then where is your heat source that will cause the solenoid problems?

Mmm, may have found the pigtail for the starter.

There's nothing listed in the computer or any of their part systems, but the last stealership I was at pulled out this ratty old parts book from 2005 and flipped through it - there was a listing for a 'starter solenoid relay pigtail' for an 05/06 GT that had to be special ordered, so we'll see when it gets here if he fits or not.

4G7Z14300AA is the assembly it's part of. Of course $130 for the whole bloody assembly for a 50cent item :/

Back