Fortyfication No77

At the risk of receiving indignant claims of 'Where's my copy, then?', the next issue of Fortyfication, No 77, is due to be posted out tomorrow.
We are using a new printer and I would be interested to receive reports of what you received, and when, to me at this address.
We are using a different method of posting for overseas packages, so, although they may take a very little longer, it represents a step in helping to counter the ever-rising cost of delivery. I will be very interested to hear from overseas members exactly when and how their copy arrived.
To members who have not renewed yet, this will be the last magazine they will receive.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I too got mine on Saturday
Pages got a lot better feel and glossy texture

I recon put it on the market and it would sell for £10 a copy!

Ian

To all concerned - your efforts are truly appreciated. I suspect many people do not realise how much effort is required to produce such work. Thanks. - my friend Mike P said he would buy you all a drink at the Le Mans BBQ.

Excellant mag would do credit to W H Smiths shelves, make me want to buy another Forty !!.........well almost.
Mike cheap round for you at the Club BBQ as the drinks are Free providing you have a ticket that is.

Excellant mag would do credit to W H Smiths shelves, make me want to buy another Forty !!.........well almost.
Mike cheap round for you at the Club BBQ as the drinks are Free providing you have a ticket that is.

Free drinks - fantastic! Hang on a minute - are we not all driving?

Mike Pass

Supporter
France .....Le Mans.....GT40s and now drinks! Am I dreaming? I can't cope with all this excitment.....I'll end up buying a round of drinks at this rate.
Cheers
Mike
PS The mag looks great. A credit to all concerned.... many thanks.

I am fascinated that Andy Moorhouse has brought our attention to a new illness in his article in this magazine. I had not recognised IGM ( Instant Gratification Syndrome ) before, but clearly Andy suffers and I guess that a lot of others of us also do without realisation of the afflication. The cure is RT (Retail Therapy ) but as this is not available on the National Health only the rich can ever effect a full cure. A well written article Andy, and a good magazine overall. Frank

Cheers Frank,

I enjoyed your article likewise.

For the record, (and before anyone asks) I didn't abbreviate Instant Gratification Syndrome to 'IGM' this was edited in to my text prior to publication. As a long term sufferer of Instant Gratification Syndrome I can confirm that the correct abbreviation is IGS!
I am told by MDA that my car will be on their stand at the Race Retro show at Stoneleigh this weekend.

PS I proimise to do some track work in the car when it's finished and not just use it a poseurs toy!

Andy

Andy

Whatever the syndrome the cure looked great!!

As did the #77 Fortification

Steve

Attachments

• Race Retro 1.jpg
    Race Retro 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 318

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
The new mag is great. They seem to be getting better & better all the time, which can only be a good thing for the club.

Though without wanting to be shot down in flames etc I had one slight criticism, and it's not about the mag itself just the packaging. Maybe I'm getting old, or turning into a tree hugger (I have actually been for a long time!) but I prefer the old eco-friendly reusable/recyclable brown envelope to the new "throw it in the landfill" plastic cover. Just my personal opinion FWIW.

Max

The new mag is great. They seem to be getting better & better all the time, which can only be a good thing for the club.

Though without wanting to be shot down in flames etc I had one slight criticism, and it's not about the mag itself just the packaging. Maybe I'm getting old, or turning into a tree hugger (I have actually been for a long time!) but I prefer the old eco-friendly reusable/recyclable brown envelope to the new "throw it in the landfill" plastic cover. Just my personal opinion FWIW.

Max

Hi Max,
The reasons for the new polywrap packaging are twofold:
1. It's lighter than an envelope, reducing postage costs.
2. It allows us to use prepaid postage and to put more on the carrier sheet, like return address, whether your membership has expired etc.
Think of the trees you are saving by use a petrochemical-based product in their place!
Anyway, glad you like the mag. The clever bits with the graphics are down to Lucy. The rest is just hard graft.

got mine yesterday.It sure looks good and all the work highly appreciated.It makes a statement about the club and its members.Glad I'm part of it.Emiel

Back