Fran - MKIV Body Too?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Fran,

I saw on the other thread that you'll have a MKIV replica as well, really neat. I don't care for the style myself, but it is cool someone will offer one since I am sure that there are some out there that will build it. Will it accept a big block motor? FE for purists but a 385 series would be the way to go for some serious muscle. Got any pictures of one of the cars? It'd be cool to see a MKIV replica along side the MKIIs and MKIs, especially at a track day event with some serious driving, less showing, that'd be a hoot. Good luck with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Ron....I am saving all the car pics for the guys that want to come see first hand......at Carlisle I hope....
The suspense is killing me too..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh hell...why not just a little teaser..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 57454-mk4front1.JPG
    57454-mk4front1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 386
A project is well along that will have 7 Mk IV clones built to completely original spec using Ford factory blueprints, even including the unique tubs with their aluminium honeycomb structure. I have seen photos of the new suspension pieces and visited the shop where the T-44 transaxle cases were being machined. This is a first-class effort. My understanding is that all of the cars have been pre-sold.

Ron Earp

Admin
Where is the project and who is it? Is it some sort of big secret? Sounds very interesting and maybe it'll result in some of them racing some vintage events etc.

Fran, will your MKII and MKIV take big motors?

Can't wait to see that MKIV body in person. Anyone know if anyone is manufacturing the MKIV wheels?

Fran,

That's awesome. I can't wait to see one. The MKI is always my favorite, but (unlike Ron - hehe) I love the MKIV also.

Have fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

Ron,
the chassis will accept a big block and will only use a G50 or ZF transaxle....

I have heard about the seven other replica cars and they superb but a little too rich for my demographic I fear....

To me, they are all amazing. But I can easily pick out my favorite. The MKII is by far my facorite. Whether it is the dual side vents or dual rear periscopes. There is just something about that car that makes me smile. Second would have the be the MKI Gulf.

Ron Earp

Admin
John, I don't dislike them, I just find them unattractive. I like them for the technology peak they represent though, and that for me is am interesting facet of them.

I did get some more info on the "dead nuts" MKIV replicas being built and am trying to contact the principals again so that some info can be openly posted about them, very impressive.

Francis, Congrats as always. Your product is better than the Original. The more Replicas the better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ronald, let me say it for you,,, MKIV,,, UGLY as sin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif IMHO of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Ok, you said it. I'll agree, my opinion of course but true for me. As I mentioned and told Fran, I like the technical aspects etc. but don't know how many he'll do of that style of car, even if it is considered a GT40 by many. I sort of consider them a relative as opposed to a GT40.

Ron
The "dead Nuts" one has been a no show for many, many years.
I've seen a "T-44" made by this group. It's far, far from a real "T-44".
As an aside the MK-IV remains the only car made in America to win Le Mans.
Best

Ron Earp

Admin
I just recevied some other info that seems to suggest that is indeed the case - a project that is far from being completed. In principle it sounds like a very interesting project but one that is in no danger of being finished soon.

The MK IV is an acquired taste...the tail treatment just
isn't as aesthetic as the MK I...but obviously looks
were not Ford's primary concern. The car did what it
was designed to do.

Ron, I'm sure Fran doesn't expect to sell a lot of MK IVs.
Like the 427 Cobra, The MK I is the classic shape that
will always be the most popular of the "family".

Will be great to see some Lolas/MK IV's etc get on the street besides Jim's. And I believe he has a P4 in the
works. What a product line that will make !

MikeD

Fran-

Does the MKIV use the same aluminum monocoque chassis as your MKI? Can it use a small block instead of the big block?

Bill

Bill....
very similar chassis the dash and footbox area is different to mimic the MkIV but otherwise you can have a SBF,SBC,BBC or BBF.....back to the transaxle issue with all that BB torque and power though.....

Fran

I'm under the impression (?) that the 930 is even
stronger than the G50. Is this so...and could a 930
be used in your MK II or MK IV chassis?

MikeD

Back