Fran's new avatar

I am fairly new to this forum (consistent ready for the past 9 months). I have reviewed much of the posting that preceeds my membership. It is apparent that the significant traffic on the site related to RCR has to do with the fact that the product(s) offered by Mr. Hall are well received, not to mention it is the "newest" option (I am sure everytime a new GT40 replica came on the seen, that replica received the lions share of attention on the web site).

Mr. Hall's willingness to actively participate on the forum indicates two things to me: First- he understands the significant influence that this forum has on selling/marketing his product. Second- he understands the importance of quality service and support in this market.

OK, guys, I hear you loud and clear. I never said or meant to imply anything about RCR's customer service - from what I can tell from reading the forum, it's great.

Apparently the message I was trying to get across, which started as a friendly little barb about RCR's domination of this forum, is either not appreciated or not understood. Fair enough. I'll go away (from this thread) now, and you guys can run up your post counts.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
For you foreigners (outside USA), let me explain the term.

White on rice, stink on shit, etc. is meant to mean someone who is on top of their game. AKA "All over it".

As for the banter on here concerning Fran... I have a friend who is ready & willing to throw down his money on a GT40 kit. I told him he needs to check out RCR because Fran is "All over it" when it comes to kit cars and customer service. I called Fran to see if we could come to his shop and check it out. Fran hasn't memorized my number yet (bad boy) and I tried to leave a message. Frans box is full. haha In about 10 minutes my phone rang. Guess who? My friend at that moment said, "Holy shit, he called a number back he didn't know in like 10 minutes!!!!" Fran, I think I sold him. It's between you and ERA. I'm just trying to say that Fran is awesome about getting back to people and has an incredible selection of vehicles, much more than any other manufacturer in the business. Not to ride Fran's nuts or anything, but I have a ton of respect for this guy and what he's done for the Kit Car marketplace.

Mark, I also understand how stuff can be misread and misconstrued. All is well.

Laters,

Brian

I'm getting tired of all the constant references to GT40's. There are other great cars in the world. Yet whatever I read on this Forum seems to be about GT40's. They're all over it like white on rice. GT40 this and GT40 that; do they need this much promotion? Ooops, I may have missed a point here.

Dalton

Howard Jones

Supporter
ya know.... when I first contracted the disease the only two cars in the running were GTD's and ERA's. Damn near all the posts on the old forum were GTD stuff. Then RF came along. Before the "event" most of the new stuff was RF stuff. Others came along GT40 NZ, CAV (well they were there at the beginning and then they were not and then they came back.... or something like that) and others.

The big news for a while was the "New" SPF 40 and every day somebody had a line on when they were going to be ready. I really like to follow the blood lines of ol Betty so I always read the English threads and the space-frame car build logs. Some really cutting edge stuff going on there. Then there's ALL the gearbox stuff. Nothing like a 500ft/lb capable trans axle to get me hot.

Now a lot of people are excited about their new hobby building RCR cars.

The point is this is nothing new. NEW cool toys get peoples attention, makes them happy and they want to share their happiness.

What I want to know is where are all the babes? Gotta be some GT40 babes!

Hell it could be a lot worse! We could all be fired up about high output batteries in our hybrid's. geese....... smile more. Its good for ya.

How's that for a ramble?

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Steve26, your initial experience here sounds familiar. When I joined last year, I lurked, read, and then sent out several PM's to some of the older members with high post counts who appeared to have both the knowledge and willingness to help new guys learn the ropes here. For the most part, none of those members bothered to reply.

After becoming acquainted with Fran, I for one am very pleased that he is "all over this forum", and is so active with his telephone, email and PM's, because he's one of the friendliest, most helpful, and IMO, best ambassadors this place has.

"...the result was and still is that I am cautious around this crowd. I will very rarely venture advice or an opinion because I don't need the drama."

Amen to that.... although I recently participated in a Toyota engine thread, here in Fran's subforum, and it seemed to go OK.

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
In defence of Mark (not that he really needs it) I never saw his comments as anything more than what he said it was...."a little barb". And Fran's reaction was I thought very funny. It seems to me that everybody else ginned up the noise defending Fran. I've found both Mark's and Fran's contributions to this forum enlightening. This forum is probably the best I've ever been involved with because of the many varied personalities on it. I have seen as Steve has pointed out how members have been quick to jump in the fray on other topics too. My point is this is what makes this forum unique. Very smart and Forgiving people that aren't afraid to speak up and then move on. Just my 1/2 sense.
Pete

Gee Brian, that's a really kind thought, thanks buddy....

The reason Brian had to specify "...foreigners(outside the USA)..." is that Brian is from Texas. Texas, as a country into itself, considers the rest of the USA, rightfully I might add, as "foreigners", and hence his additional qualification.

:dead:

Ron Earp

Admin
The reason Brian had to specify "...foreigners(outside the USA)..." is that Brian is from Texas. Texas, as a country into itself, considers the rest of the USA, rightfully I might add, as "foreigners", and hence his additional qualification.

Yeah, it is almost as bad as The People's Republik of California.......:flameon:

Yeah, it is almost as bad as The People's Republik of California.......:flameon:

Well, as a current resident of the PRC, I also had the "privilege" of being from that
other planet, NYC (born in da Bronx, lived out side NYC in Putnam and Westchester
Counties on and off).

Ian

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
In my defense (or maybe not) I'm originally from Alabama. It's a great place to be FROM. Texans sure do love the fact that this state can legally secede from the USA and that it's in the states constitution that if we don't like the way things are going, we'll just go do our own thing. Lately though, it seems the Great Nation of Texas is being invaded by refugees from the Peoples Republic of California due to our large computer & electronics industries. Seems the Silicon Valley has migrated westward and landed in my back yard, or front yard, or matter of fact the whole of Austin, Texas (Round Rock too, that's where Dell is). It also seems as though those coming from that poor falling communist nation wish to push their beliefs on us. We recently had a bill passed that makes smoking in bars illegal in Austin. I don't smoke, but I do support the freedom for people who do to be able to in a friggin BAR! Pretty soon we won't be able to drink or talk in there either! Ah well, whatcha gonna do? At least my clothes don't stink when I leave the bar anymore. Hahaha
Anyways, that was completely off subject from this whole thread, but whatever...

Laters,

Brian

Back