Fuel Line Size & Type

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Info: Car is a RCR40. Engine is SBF 363ci/500hp w/750 Holley carb.

What size fuel hose should I use for plumbing the whole system (tanks to filters, to pumps, regulator, y block, carb, etc.)?

Also, where's a good source for ethanol friendly fuel hose? Note: This will be a simple push on hose to barbed fittings system. I don't want stainless hoses, nor do I want to deal with a bunch of AN fittings, although I do have to admit they all look great. Personally, I prefer simple & easy, so just looking for some good black ethanol safe fuel hose.

TIA, Rod

Neil

Supporter
-8AN should be OK. You can get AN style fittings with push-on hose barbs. Try Speedway Motors:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
-8 is about perfect for most of your needs. Stay far away from el-cheapo fittings though. I prefer and use only Aeroquip. You generally won’t find any of the other brands used in an aircraft built for commercial or military use.

I just redid my Pantera fuel system. Quick Fuel 600. Used 6 AN fittings and gates 3/8 rubber hose (the high quality stuff for fuel injection) available locally at O'Reilly auto parts. Wix fuel filter.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
7 pounds of fuel pressure and 3/8 line is more than enough for any street use. A rubber push on barb style of good quality is good for 300 psi. Parker makes all this and is good quality.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Gates 4219BG Barricade 3/8” carburetor fuel hose would be my recommendation for a economical push on style of hose for barbed fittings.

Back