G50 LSD price

What is a LSD for a G50 worth? I am looking at a G50-03 with LSD and do not want the LSD, any thoughts on value for just the limited slip?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I may be interested in buying the used one from you but the value of it depends greatly on the condition of it..

I do not know how to grade the LSD for condition, From what I was told it came out of a 1990 G50 with 36K miles (can not confirm the miles). I pulled the trigger and bought the trans today but I would prefer the open diff. Make me an offer. Here is a photo.

Attachments

• lsd.jpg
    lsd.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 304

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Where are you located? Hav you found your open diff yet?

I do not know how to grade the LSD for condition, From what I was told it came out of a 1990 G50 with 36K miles (can not confirm the miles). I pulled the trigger and bought the trans today but I would prefer the open diff. Make me an offer. Here is a photo.
Why do you want an open diff? in a 1990 trans the way to go is the LSD

I am in Massachusetts, I had an open diff from/with my last project and it worked fine. I have no need for the LSD and quite simply if I can sell it to offset the cost of the trans I will. If not I will use it.

Well, you'd have no satisfaction from that particular LSD. It may physically fit the G50/03, but it's originally from an '89-'91 964 AWD, with the lock-up externally controlled by a rod through the 964's cover plate.

Yes the 4wd LSD is controlled by a push rod mechanism that controls the lockup of the differential. It will not work correctly in a 2wd application.

Hope that this helps.

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work

Hey Erik,
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Sorry, did not post the other day. Glad to hear all is well with mom & baby...

Thanks Jack,

Really appreciate that. It was good speaking with you again. Let me know if you need anything, always here to help.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell

Now that I know what this LSD is, I guess now the question is...is there any $$ value to this type of LSD?

And what other boxes will this fit/work with?

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Any idea what this LSD is worth, if anything??

Hi Jim,

Sorry I did not respond sooner as I didn't see the updates to your original post..

Myself - I can't use it as it's for the all wheel drive cars..

Your best chance of finding someone who can is to check out the Pelican Parts forums here;

1- Porsche Technical Forums - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

There are Porsche people from all walks of life here...

Back