G50 XX rear mounts.

Hi All

I have a question about the mounting of a G50 Porsche trans. The a lot of the rear mounts Ive seen so far on the forum seem to be solid mounts using the bolt pattern of the end cover. Its a neat solution but its the solid part that has me wondering. Does this lead to fracturing of the mount over time as the engine moves around slightly or are they not solid mounts at all ? What is the best method?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Definitely a Rubber or Urethane bush between the trans mount bracket and the chassis mount pad --you can them from DRB if you wish

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Fred,

I had a similar concern when fabricating my G50 install. I inquired with my trans builder at California Motor Sports (CMS) and he had no real concern whether I mounted mine solid or not and approved the mounts as shown below.

Attachments

• trans mnt _1.jpg
    trans mnt _1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 282
  • trans mnt _2.jpg
    trans mnt _2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 281
Wouldn't issue be only if one was to use a non-solid motor mount with a solid trans mount. The motor would want to "walk" while the trans would not there fore putting unwanted stress on the mounting points. If the two were to be mounted with solid mounts than outside of increased vibration transfer to other parts of the chasis there shouldn't be a problem (in theory that is).

Back