Goodyear Cobra Tires on Borrani Wire Wheels?

Has anyone successfully put 8" wide Goodyear Cobra Tires on 6.5x15" Borrani wire wheels? The specs for the Goodyear tires says it'll fit on 7-9" wide rims.

The Goodyear Bluestreaks look nice and fit the wheels, but they're race slicks (no tread). I'm worried if it rains on the day of a show, it'll hydroplane.

Slicks in the rain? Don't even think about it.

I agree, that's why I'm wondering about Goodyear Cobra tires. When I switched from Halibrand to Borrani wheels, I didn't specify which tires to put on the wheels, so now I have the Blue Streaks and I'm worried about driving in the rain.
---Ben

couple of points. If you have ever driven a true race tire on a normal road, you will know that the tires were not made for slow and non-race applications. They react properly at speed and driving slowly they feel like hell. Second, if you have ever attempted unwisely to race a non rain race tire in the wet, you will always regret that choice as your looking at what your about to hit........ Goodyear and many others make many period correct looking non race tires that will give you the look. there are many companies that will be glad to make the right selection for you if ya call em...

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
The tires you want to put on are the Avons. You will need tubes for the Borranis and the 2 US Avon distributors can tell you the correct tubes to fit.

215 or 225 on the fronts and 275 on the rear.

Has anyone successfully put 8" wide Goodyear Cobra Tires on 6.5x15" Borrani wire wheels? The specs for the Goodyear tires says it'll fit on 7-9" wide rims.

The Goodyear Bluestreaks look nice and fit the wheels, but they're race slicks (no tread). I'm worried if it rains on the day of a show, it'll hydroplane.

How did the installation go? Did you really mount it on your Borrani wire wheels?

When we discussed putting the Borrani wheels on the car, we didn't talk about the tires. So it now has the Blue Streaks on the Borrani wheels.

Back