GT-40 is hot and all but..................

Just on the Ultima with a Ford engine. Here in Australia, the turnkey Ultimas are in fact sold with a 600 HP(?) Ford 302 Windsor engines. The reason given was that they struggled to get compliance with the Chev engine.

My theory is that the distributer, Dick Johnson (a champion race car driver for the blue oval) couldn't bring himself to sell it with anything else.

G

If some one who lives in Arizona could check this man out, it would be very helpfull. His address and phone is as follows.
Financial Vision, (Robert Stuart)
16845 N 29th ave, Suite 1302,
Phoenix,az 85053. Phone # 623-206 0095
623-939 2035.

G

Something is fishy!

Anyone can look at the Ultima site and see the costs of their kits. $ 30k will NOT get
it done. More like $ 40k when you include
freight/import costs/tires/wheels/etc.
And that is UNASSEMBLED and LESS DRIVETRAIN!

I believe the Ultima dealer in California is still doing business. Believe it's $ 100k
for a decent turnkey.

Maybe for $ 30k one gets the MODEL!

MikeD

I get the smell of fish

Just got this e-mail for a minus minus car

Chris

We are pretty much giving it away at 30k. We arelooking for our first customer. We have everything to build this exact. We will build you everything but the engine and gera box for 30k. Let us know.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

At $30k, this would give new meaning to the term "Loss Leader". This guy is either full
of it or VERY desperate to sell a car.
Perhaps Bill Gates owns the company and doesn't care if it turns a profit!

Bill

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Guys I dont know about this guy selling these MC12's I talked to him 2 times and Im not sure he it flying strait. The red car in the pics is a model not a real car. By the way He was trying to buy Ultima Chassis to start with but he said Ted would not just sell him a chassis. You better check this guy out big time if your planing on getting one of his cars.

Mike

G

Like I said before, its hard to believe. I think this MAN may have been one of the top BOYS at ENRON, and is now making cars,powered by ENRON. I dont think Bill Gates has had a chance to fill up at ENRON yet.

Malcolm,

One thing is for sure, if Bill Gates is
involved, the car is sure to lock up, shut
down, and crash for no apparent reason!
Bill
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

If an Ultima rolling chassis is $89,000,

this MC12 must be made of papier mache,

paper clips, and duct tape!

There is a video link from their website

that supposedly shows an MC12. If this guy

is advertising his first car to be built,

how is a video possible. Bill Gates has one

too? Right! CAVEAT EMPTOR! I feel sorry for

the person who sends this guy a deposit!

Bill
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Hmmm Nice looking car. Now about the Ultima. Yes, its heritage still comes from a kitcar. Check back thru the English Kitcar mags to the late '80's (damn I still have them !!) and you will see the Ultima chassis is the same as used today by other kit manufacturers, although in a slightly modified form. Its nothing special or secretive about it - the whole deal is actually quite basic. I think you are rite about Dick Johnson using the Ford engine. He has access to the assembly line and just plucks out an engine as required, since he has been dealing with Ford for all those years. Here in New Zealand there is a very nice GT40 with Chev 350 power. The distributor is finally at the rite end !!!!! My Lambo replica runs Chev 350 power as well. Here most people use the Renault boxes in various forms. I have the Renault 21 Turbo box which is an absolute butch unit ... and havent broken it with my 458hp/464tq .. this wagon is "schmokin". But yes, I do feel the GT40 has to have a Ford engine in it . all I need now is to purchase and unfinished kit from someone. Any takers ??

Awww- do these scams EVER end? It's a shame that a guy with a chopper gun and some molds can dupe people.... If it's $30K, tell him no problem, as long as it's COD- until he's established, he's just floating around trying to collect some money down..... and dude, if you're going to scam people, at least build a FULL-sized body!

Interesting that these fellas have finally put something together....but it does look a little off....like a McLaren F1 midget racer
grin.gif

However...if anyone is interested in talking with a man that is in the process of building one more to scale and in a more accurate detail...send me an email and I can give you a few pics detailing his progress...It seems that finally the F1 is being looked at as a viable kit car...these builders should watch out for the attorneys though !

Take a look at the following messages I received from the MC1 guy. I sent an email to them asking for info on the replica/kit, when a car would be done, prices, etc. Here's what I got back in two emails...

"giovanni
I am doing the mclaren f1 and will be doing my design after
If you want a mclaren f1 get a hold of me asap i will make you a dealon the
f1 3 seats sterring in the center custom made tube chassie made by dave good
in az black carbonfiber and real glass not plexy.I am ready to make one now
for you get back to asap 602-488-4984
the body is ready and will take no time to make the jams.3 days tops
I am in az and will make you a deal but you would have to take the car to
knotts berry farm show.the interior would be done by allen at r&s in az.the
hole car would be built in az and will never leave the shop so if you are
really looking for a custom car call me
robert"

>From: "Giovanni, James" <[email protected]>
>To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:23:29 -0700
>
>When might you have photos, specs, prices, etc. available for the McClaren
>looking car? Are you planning center driving
>position or right or left side drive? What is the MC12?
>
>JG

ALSO..

"james
I am giving you a 1 time deal for the fiberglass bodykit
for $4,500 give me a call 602-488-4984

best reguards
robert"

>From: "Giovanni, James" <[email protected]>
>To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:23:29 -0700
>
>When might you have photos, specs, prices, etc. available for the McClaren
>looking car? Are you planning center driving
>position or right or left side drive? What is the MC12?
>
>JG

Any one care to comment on what these messages might mean????

G
shocked.gif

Well, I called "Robert" at 8:45 AM his time and had a very weird conversation. I asked many questions about what his "kit" included and could not get any answers. I asked if he was just selling a body shell, or a fully trimmed body, or something in between, and/or a three seat center drive chassis or a bare frame or exactly what. I asked if he was selling a kit to be assembled out of included components, like brake system, suspension, fuel system, cooling system, interior, dash, electrical harnesses, etc., etc. I explained I did not want to buy a body shell that I would have to fabricate inner paneling for, or cut out doors, etc, and create hinges. I didn't want to have to search hell's half acre for various and assundry things to build a car from virtually scratch. I think I was pretty clear about what I wanted to know. And the guy really didn't/couldn't/wouldn't answer any of my questions. He seemed quite suspiciously evasive. He claimed he had everything to build a car, that he was on his second car, that one turn key was done and delivered. He claimed to have 400 photos of the build up.

Well, if I haven't gone on too long, I asked him to have the owner of the first car contact me. I also asked him for photos. Also asked for prices timing, etc. I really don't expect to hear anything else from the guy. I'll let you know if any info turns up or calls come in.

In the mean time beware.....
confused.gif

Well, judging from the return address- "kathylarimar"- it appears that his mommy isn't supervising the use of her internet access too well, for one.......

If this was me I'd "borrow" a real F1 for the weekend and hire in a hand held 3D scanner. It's just like a barcode reader and you'd get full mm accurate plans in an hour without the hassle of covering the loan car in release wax!

Poetic justice to me as Ron used a couple of Lee Nobles original Ultima chassis for the first prototype mules. I think Lee's MKI/II rolling body/chassis kits were £5000-6000 all in...Boy, things have changed!

John S.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron Dennis along with Manser Ojeh(TAG - Trading Avante Garde) and I think Mercedes owns Mclaren International. McLaren Cars is something different and I think its maybe between Ron,Manser and one other. The F1 GTR was built by the latter with the designer Gordon Murray - I don't know who would have
interests on copy of such a machine but I think Chris M is right - somebody will take an interest. Incidentally TAG Heuer stands for just that - Trading Avante Garde /and the almost defunct then resurrected Heuer watch company. Very clever exercise in marketing though not necessarily such clever timepieces.
Dave M

Howard Jones

Supporter
WHEN Ron Dennis hears of this, one of his MANY lawyers will spend what for Dennis is a very small sum to lay waste to the whole thing. Just about the time the car appears in public the first time I would guess. Can you say money down the tolet. GTD and everyone else gets away with what they do mostly because the original GT40 is not currently in production. Can you guess what Ford would have to say if it was. Does anyone remember the "Cobra" lawsuit.

Back