GT completes high speed testing in Europe

In recent weeks Ford has been high speed testing its new GT at Nogaro in France and Nurburgring in Germany.
They successfully achieved a top speed of 212mph and with a rev limit of 6500rpm.
The aero package produced excellent vehicle stability and the engine is reported to have tremendous torque and flexability throughout its rev range so the car should prove to be well worth the wait for its lucky customers.

That's bloody good!!

Tad more than 500HP then!

That's some achievement for the money they want. I wonder if they are actually making any money?

Good publicity.

Wow! What a bargain.

My only gripe is that it is supercharged. I'm not a fan of forced induction. But I guess supercharging is as good as you can get.

I'll be very interested to see some european test results from the likes of Autocar, CAR and EVO.

Regards,

J.P

[ QUOTE ]
Official power is 550 BHP...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever since Ford had the 1999 Mustang Cobra fiasco, they have been extreemely conservative with their ratings, for instance the '03-04 Mustang Cobra is rated at 390 fly wheel horse power, but they routinely post 370-380 rear wheel horse power when tested. The GT has more displacement, more boost, better heads and a more efficient supercharger than the Mustang Cobra. I would not be surprised if the GT has more than 550 rear wheel horse power. This is their immage car and they are making sure that it will perform.

The exciting part is that the '03-04 Mustang Cobra responds very well to small tweaks and extra boost, they can easily excede 500 rear wheel horse power with minimal modifications. With a pulley and some small electrical tweaks, the GT should have no problem breaking 700 rear wheel horse power and remove that rev limiter. I think it won't be very long before we see the first 240 mph GT.

Back