GT-R

Dean, it seems to me it would be better to build one first and then apply "lessons learned" for the second. Just takes a bit longer.

Yes CF body and interior tub. I've got 3 caged cars so this will be a "trackable" street car not full track rat. Love Putnam Park and was full member for some time. I'd certainly be eager to go back for shake downs. I'm sure we could twist Ross to meet us over there in "ONE" of his RCR's.

I put serious thought into SC Coyote as small cu in and rpm seems to be ideal for this car. I had discussed it with Edelbrock on their crate engine but in the end opted to stay closer to Ford GT with a warmed over Al 5.8 with the 2013 GT500 engine. The XS motor concept was toyed with too if a Graz box was in order for the more optimum gear ratio/torque curve. GT2 gearing and 600+hp should yield a package becoming a Robertson tribute car.

That sound exactly like what I ordered. My buddies car is coming with the glass interior but mine will be like yours, full carbon fiber.

That's funny, I was going to run orange where Robertson ran red. I'll switch mine to red chrome graphics. It will match my fire suit better we don't want to look like twins!

I really don't know. I thought it would look great with a nice clear coat. That's really why I did it but I'm sure it will be lighter, how much I don't know.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8JgeStRQURY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi GT-R guys, I am new to the forum and have GT-R #7 on order. Originally I intended to use a 427 tunnel port that i have but have changed to a coyote with supercharger or twin turbos-coupled to a M-1 ZF box. I would love to talk to you all about builds and keep up through the process. My phone is 541-549-9905 In Oregon. Look forward to talking.Thanks.

Id love to come by and see the car when you take delivery of it!!! I'm over in indianapolis.

That would be great! I've got a few projects in my garage now that need to get finished up before they get delivered. I think its time for a lift just to create more room.

Luke, when did you order yours?

Total envy from West Chicagoland!

I have to get back to Florida before I take on a new project. I can't wait to see the build threads when they begin.

Hi guys, I am also looking to buy a GT-R from Fran this year. First I have
to make room so I'm selling a 68 chevelle with a 502.(or my wife's Lexus)
If anyone is building one in North Jersey, New York area please let me know.
John Kramer Jr.

3 days until Ford unveils it's new GT. Kind of exciting to see what they've created. I really considered the turbo'd coyote and now it seems that is the direction Ford might have went. Hey, until the Trinity is bolted in there, things can always be changed.

I'm most impressed at how little has leaked out on such an anticipated car.

With Corvette and GT's being built in future, there still a chance for a truly high hp domestic source for transaxles. By no means am I short changing the Graz the Mr Hall has packaged, but these may be geared more inline with several engine choices being used. Griffin may have missed his window. In today's world of rapid prototyping, 5-6 years is an eternity to bring a product to market. Things are changing quicker than ever.

Take for example the "target" of what a lower end super car is: new Vipers with 740 sc power, rear engine Corvette with 700+ and the Ford GT using CF and dual turbos. In the end, lol, we have our work cut out for us here in our cottage built cars to keep up. When the SL-C came out, 500hp was exceeding expectations......Detroit is building (using terms from motor bikes) hyper cars now more than ever. Most would argue a well balanced liter bike is better, but when chest pounding a 1400cc bike is impressive on the numbers.

So who's going to throw a tt ecoboost in their GTR? :laugh: It makes sense, and I read the rumor mill, but I was not expecting that at all. Maybe race trim, but I would have never thought street trim.

I love the new FGT. It's nuts and incredibly edgy/huge departure from the old but still pays homage to the original design. I'm sure this will do very well but I just don't see the design being as timeless as the FGT. Fran, I think you have a real winner with the GTR.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
This is timeless. Everything that came after is a so so sequel...

gt40-4.jpg

Back