GT3 Roadster

While speaking to John Donnelly today, the subject of his GT3 Roadster came up. Not having seen the car to date, I had to visit his new website for a peek. I was far from disappointed! This is worth checking out guys! As it stands, the website only has an artist's rendering of the car(plus chassis photos), which John told me is 100% accurate. The prototype car(MKIII Roadster) is to be finished soon, and if it turns out like the rendering, look out CAV,RF,DRB,USA, etc.,because this is one really sharp car!It is definitely worth a look!
My congratulations to John! I hope that his new car is a great success.
www.gt3roadster.com

Bill

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Bill, I had the pleasure of speaking with John this afternoon. His GT3 will be in a different league. He is not attempting to be "a genuine imitation", but a modern, comfortable road car that has the never surpassed '40 styling. To boot, he seems a real gentleman. I'm hoping to see his car in 3 weeks or so; will file a "report" then.

Roger

Interesting car indeed. Apparently due out at the New York auto show next month. Meanwhile, this is what I read on their web-site under investor info:

"The GT3 Roadster is a classic hand built mid-engine, two-seat sports car. The launch of this vehicle has been timed to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of the Ford Motor Co. in 2003. The chassis is a steel semi-monocoque design, providing immense rigidity and strength, and incorporates numerous safety features, including an integrated roll cage. The suspension is fully adjustable and is designed on proven racecar principles. The hand-laid body uses the latest materials and technology, including carbon fiber and kevlar. The GT3 Roadster is powered by a 302 Ford Motorsport engine, which develops 345 bhp on electronic fuel injection and drives through a five-speed transaxle. Its top speed is 171 mph, with a 0-60 time of under five seconds. The interior is trimmed with cut pile carpet and features imported sport seats. A Sony sound system is built into the car as well as a heater / de-froster. Air-conditioning is available as an option. The car will retail for $79,950 during the initial marketing promotion and will then rise to the mid-eighties."

Back