GT40 45th reunion at Road America

Here's P2123

Attachments

• DSC_0008a.jpg
    DSC_0008a.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 361
NEWS FLASH

I just got off the phone with Susan Wright the Kohler International Challenge Registrar. She has made me the unofficial coordinator of the GT40 crowd coming to the event July 16-19( only because I have called her with a thousand questions on more than one occasion). She has cut a deal for us(at least those bringing cars). For one price of $190 you will get a 2 over Crew pass, a car pass, and Concourse registration whether it be for Friday night(racecars) or Saturday night(sportscars/replicas) and the morning parade lap and breakfast with Brian Redman and David Hobbs. You will have to call Road America(800-365-7223) and ask for Ext 2003. That is her extension. She will set it up for you. Tickets/passes etc. will be waiting at the Registration building at the Competitors Entrance. That will be the building on the right as you enter the gate.
For those not bringing a car, call and get your tickets for the things you want. If you want to do the touring on Fri., Sat., or Sunday at noon, there is the $75 charge for each day.
If some of you are coming without cars, you could coordinate with one bringing their car and get one of the passes for one of the days, if the wife/girlfriend isn't going that day. I know my wife won't be there every day. The 2 over crew means there are two(2) tickets. So if you have more than 2 people and you are bringing a car you need to call the ticket office to pay for the extras. Also, for those bringing their cars. To do the concourse on Sat. night, you need to fill out the pdf. and fax or scan and attach to an email and send it to Road America. Same for the touring on Fri., Sat., and Sun. at noon(morning is covered):

Fax: 920-892-4550
E-mail: [email protected]

If this isn't clear, PM me. Susan is waiting for your calls.

Bill

Attachments

• concours entry form-1.pdf
    134.7 KB · Views: 209
  • touring application.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one Bill. We all appreciate your efforts. I am really looking forward to the event.

Bill,
Thank you so much for doing the groundwork with Susan on this project. I just got off the phone with her and she seems a little overwhelmed but we got everything taken care of.

Thanks again,
Steve

Hi, just a comment, but, do you think the organizers know just HOW many cars (replicas) are coming? Reading the blogs, it seems there's more than twenty, likely far more. Steve, can you share what you told her, and what you signed up for? And how do I request one of the name tags that some member is so graciously making up?
Fine, fettled, and 40.
Simon
icon5.gif

here is my pig...right now it is about 75% chance it will make it there. I have to drive it 13 hours from So OR to Superformance HQ in CA and then put it on a transport. I am really looking forward to it!

Mike

Attachments

• GT40 P2020 small 4.JPG
    GT40 P2020 small 4.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 251
Hi, just a comment, but, do you think the organizers know just HOW many cars (replicas) are coming? Reading the blogs, it seems there's more than twenty, likely far more. Steve, can you share what you told her, and what you signed up for? And how do I request one of the name tags that some member is so graciously making up?
Fine, fettled, and 40.
Simon
icon5.gif
The facility can handle huge numbers of cars and people. We are in good hands.
There will be more replica GT40s than original GT40s at Road America which stands to reason since far more replicas have been constructed than originals and in a more recent time frame. Very few GT40s are being vintage raced these days and it remains to be seen how many actually take to the track and race for this event. There will be quite a few on display but perhaps do not even run. This is why your participation is so important to the overall theme.
Road America has really gone the extra mile to welcome members of GT40s.com
to the event. It is important to realize that you as members of this forum are a big part of the celebration of the GT40 and at Road America you are a participant and not a just a spectator. You have the same invitation to breakfast with Brian Redman as does the owner of the 1966 Lemans winner. You are afforded the same level of participation in the downtown Road and Track Concours as the 1967 Lemans winner (if it ran). You can stroll the paddock without restriction, tour the track in your car as a group, and in general be a big part of the festivities. If you had a race license and a race car you would be racing as well but this is a pretty great way to see what it is all about.

There is a separate thread for nametags found here:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/worldwide-gt40-events/28465-name-tags-road-america.html

Back