GT40 for sale, UK

Keith

Interesting motor. At first I thought it might be a GAA (3.4 litres) but at only 2,500 cc? What lump is this - pray tell....:inquisitive:

Mike Pass

Supporter
The engine is a 2.9 litre 24 valve V6 (chain driven cams) from a Ford Granada/Scorpio Cosworth attached to a renault box. The engine is usually attached to an auto box in the Granada. They give about 200hp as standard and are very smooth (internal balanced motor). The Ford ecu is a pain to program and most people give up and use aftermarket ecus. They are very tunable and were used in the Prosport 3000 sports cars and gave about 340hp on slide throttle bodies. You can get cams etc from Competition Engine Services and a very nice 6 barrel throttle body set up from Jenvey to give about 300hp. They need very regular oil changes as they can varnish up inside which blocks the small oil ways - the cams then seize and you know the rest.
Cheers
Mike

had this engine in my old xr4x4, from my experience they are very good, but parts availability is becoming a problem for some items e.g. timing chains etc. there is a company called Boost Performance in Derbyshire who do a lot of them (as well as chevy LS)

Questions to the seller about the registration of the car (asking if it is correctly registered) get a response of "please call me"
I would take a wild guess that the car has a registration "issue". If you're thinking of bidding on this car, I would clarify this to your own satisfaction.

Simon

Keith

Good call Simon - although the seller has obscured the reg number in most of the pics, the 'Q' plate vehicle number visible in the last one is not found on the DVLA database despite entering multiple combinations of manufacturer, i.e. Ford, KVA, GT40 etc but there may be a a vehicle make I haven't thought of! :uneasy:

I spoke with the vendor today - he said the car was supplied by a company in Wales...but couldn't remember the name. Anyone got any ideas?

KVA were at Swansea, South Wales, the photos also show GTD rear suspension. GTD started life by supplying their own front and rear suspension and subframes to fit KVAs before going on to make their own chassis and then bodies too. Kev Farrington

Must be worth £15k to somebody I would have thought, especially when it is complete & on the road (even with any registration issues......I would think that if it's been on the road it can stay on as is!).

Is it definaitely the long bodied car (MkIII)? It's hard to tell from the pics, but I'm no expert.

Has anyone been to view it yet?

Mark, I should add that the mk1 came while the early chassis was still being used so you can get a KVA mk1 with the early chassis. This though is a mk3 and its either got GTD suspension and subframes or has had a complete chassis swap as happened to quite a few. Kev Farrington

Back