GT40 "lookalike" ebay UK

''saying this is a "gt40 look a like kit" is like saying that Brad Pitt looks like me:) ''

I think thats incredibly rude - to Brad Pitt !!!

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
sooo thats what a "real" gt40 looks like :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

honestly i dont want :thumbsup:

I really resent all the critique of that kit - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and just because some guys can't afford an expensive kit like others here doesn't mean they shouldn't get all the support and love and care that is given freely here. We need to help their self esteem so that they feel good about themselves regardless of the starting point of the kit being assembled.

And the gay whales should have a hug as well.

It was sold in the 70's as a lookalike gt40 from fibertechnik (That's the ft from ft bonito)
And i know that there are a lot of people in holland who are still having a lot of fun (as i did and i still own the car now for 24 years) with the car . and some cars do have pretty amazing driving qualities ,they ar beetle based but with different engines such as golf gti ,fiat ,porsche,ford 4/6 cylinder, and there is even one with a rotary engine
so the power /weight ratio is pretty good.
And at the end of the day it's all about how much fun do you have with your hobby/car

yep it was a bonito
But by the looks of it they changed the chassis from a beetle to......?

no it is not an ft bonito, the body looks the same but it is not, this is an excallibur???? or something like that, it has an front engine rear drive config. and was sold in the uk in the 80´s (thank God that´s a long time ago)
the bonito looks better because it is a lot lower at the back
in those days the bonito was the best looking thing based on the beetle and with no weight at all they can go pretty fast

Back