GT40 PRICES

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
$450K will never happen anytime soon. One day several years down the road - perhaps. But not today. 'Just not realistic. Even the seller must know that. It's a so-called "GENUINE RCR REPLICA" for Pete's sake...'same as a bazillion others. (I love that...a GENUINE REPLICA! Woooow! What's "genuine" about a replica???!)

JMHO. OPOMV.

;)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
But the dealer SAID "these sell for $500,000" so it must be true! You can't put anything on the internet that is not true!

I do hope he gets it so I can sell my Superformance for $750,000..................

I've been told (and I have NO idea how true it may be - or NOT) that dealers sometimes inflate prices on specialty cars, (1) as an advertising ploy(?!) to attract attention/cause a stir/create controversy so people are TALKING about their business (the ole "bad publicity is better than NO publicity" thing) or, (2) the dealer intends to KEEP the car...but, if some fool decides he WANTS IT at that price, well...beaucoup bux go into the dealer's pocket that he in no way figured he'd be getting.)

Chris Kouba

Supporter
For $450k you think they would have centered the wheels within the arches and ditched the $30 POS steering wheel. I'd also expect panel gaps that you couldn't slide a small child through as well...

I was thinking I'll eventually be buried in mine but I'd consider letting it go at that price!

The steering wheel , while not period correct is for once ont the right side of the car, its a good start thats why the price is at that level ......

These sell for $5,000,000.....not $500,000....assuming “these” is referring to an original.......

One of the best things about GT40 replicas is that you can actually drive one on the street.....so why drive up the cost and turn them into garage queens......

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
For $450k you think they would have centered the wheels within the arches and ditched the $30 POS steering wheel. I'd also expect panel gaps that you couldn't slide a small child through as well...

I was thinking I'll eventually be buried in mine but I'd consider letting it go at that price!

It is a beauty but wow - you’re right!!!!
0A34CDA8-406B-404F-B4E4-869F7DC3D320.jpeg

Camera position partly to blame for the wheel arch gap. Notice odometer only has ~32 miles, either not connected or a trailer queen for its time in OZ. Walter, check the 'caps' lock on your keyboard.:)

Back