GT40 Sightings

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
I live in a very rural area about an hour west of Detroit, Michigan (USA). Today, about 1:30pm, at least 10 GT40s along with a newer Ford GT passed me going the other way. I was rather stunned at the sight. Interestingly, this happened on a 2-lane paved country road during a heavy rainstorm. I assume they were probably heading to the 'Woodward Dream Cruise' near Detroit which happens to be this Saturday with other related events happening all week long. But, where did they all come from, and what were they doing on that little country road, in the middle of a rainstorm? I'll probably never know.....

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Brian, They were heading east on N. Territorial Rd. about a mile west of US-23. I was on my way home near Dexter, MI.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Cool. I was on that road about 4 months ago. Last week was on 23 a bit before I headed down to see Fran at RCR. Was looking at the population in the last census of your town. It’s almost 4 times the size of the nearest town to me. I think we had 731 or something like that. Now that’s rural !!
And I don’t live in town.

Regards Brian

wow, memory flashback!
I drove N Territorial Rd. many times in SFM6S283 and then my 70 "Boss 351 C" between Plymouth & Hell, MI decades ago, many fond memories !
The rest of the gang that drove along, 69 Boss 302, 70 Torino Cobra Jet 429, 70 Boss 302, 73 Capri 2.6L, the folks along the road likely didn't appreciate our speed blasts thru the quiet countryside !

regards,
jim p

Attachments

• 0F05M_01_1976.jpg
    0F05M_01_1976.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 84
“…They were heading east on N. Territorial Rd. …”

N. Territorial Rd., on the east side of 23 is one of my favorite places for a spin.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
wow, memory flashback!
I drove N Territorial Rd. many times in SFM6S283 and then my 70 "Boss 351 C" between Plymouth & Hell, MI decades ago, many fond memories !
The rest of the gang that drove along, 69 Boss 302, 70 Torino Cobra Jet 429, 70 Boss 302, 73 Capri 2.6L, the folks along the road likely didn't appreciate our speed blasts thru the quiet countryside !

regards,
jim p
All nice cars in your group! I've spent many hours on my motorcycle & my Cobra going through Hell. In fact, my wife often tells me to go there....

lots of ford GT's at Woodward 05-06 and newer. No GT40's. Have only seen 1 there (Superformance mark II) about 10 years ago.

Back