GT40 Silencers

Re: Potential GT40 Silencer Supply

Andy, sounds good, I am going to try a track day at the end of May and if I fail the noise test I could be interested too. Mine is an MDA with 4 into 1. I will check dimensions and so on before getting back to you. less than 90dB wow, mine were measured at 102 by a cheap sound meter at the back of my house, if I can get below 90dB I may even get the wife back in it - no hang on, what am I saying! ;-)

Andy

Interesting thread, i would be interested as well if all works out mate.

Should we re rebadge and put DESIGNED BY LOTUS on the side cills ! :laugh:

Cheers

KarlB

OK, so I went to the track day and got measued at between 101 and 104 dB. The sound meter I had used previously was therefore pretty good (102) and needless to say they didn't let me on the track :-( At least I had not paid up front so did not lose £109 :) and I had a nice day driving back to Devon on the side roads through Bath city centre and Cheddar gorge. I have since spent several hours looking at add on silencers to bolt on to the existing pipes just for the track, but these are diffiicult to fit to a GT40 and look unsightly, plus they are starting to add up to well over £100 just for the components let alone the bespoke items for fixing and matching the pipes. So Andy, how are you getting along with the quiet boxes? I really could be looking in the near future. Any noise test results yet?

Last edited:

Hi Chris,
sorry to hear about your noise issues. Unfortunately mine won't be tested for a while, as I'm still fabricating the headers. Probably a few months before I can get the engine fired up to see if my ideas have worked

Regards
Andy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Have you guys checked in with Fran Hall or Eglitom on their (RCR) mufflers?

He has a couple of different designs.

This is one that some people actually say to TOO quiet;

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

those looks nice also the weldings (at least on the pictures), great work.
and what is to quiet...
Ofcorse when you used to the raw loud GT40 pipes I can understand it a bit, but when you have a racy burble and not that aso and also good for trackdays and driving in your own neighbourhood :idea: it sounds good me thinks...
Is there a video with sound of those mufflers?

Hi Andy

I am interested by a silencer wich deliver something below 95 db
I have got an SPF GT40 with a 351 engine
what do you need as informations about the car to provide that silencer system

regards
Didier

Back