GT40Installation Manual/Guide

Guys,
Am I being naive to think there is an assembly guide or manual for GT40 kits? I see there is a tremendous amount of real world knowledge from the various build threads, I was just wondering if there was one from RCR direct?
Dennis

Fran,
Is there an email for Vicky. I am interested in the same information and would love to have a full understanding of what is involved before putting my order.

Fran,
Is there an email for Vicky. I am interested in the same information and would love to have a full understanding of what is involved before putting my order.

Just to set expectations,
I have the "guide" from RCR. In essence, it is Chuck's build in a more documented form. IMHO, you can glean far more from builds on this site, by Tom, Jason and several others who have built RCR cars. I do believe it is helpful, however it should not influence your purchase decision. I have built cars from near scratch, to helped with kit cars like Factory 5, these cars lean more towards the scratch side, where a fair amount of intuition is required to build.

I would just throw a call into Vicki, she is awesome!
Dennis

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Just for the record
Even though these are called "Kit Cars" nothing could be further from the truth.

These cars are hand built replicas and as such require a lot of fabrication and matching of various parts.

One of the biggest mistakes in building a 40 is to assume that if you make a part for the right side that the left should just be a mirror image, big mistake.

So many parts end up in the scrap bin if done this way,ask me and others how we know.

Whatever you choose have fun and good luck.

Dimi.

Back