GT40s @ Goodwood

I need some help with ID for one of the two GT40s in photo attached, at Goodwood in 2013. It's the Red one, Livery #8, with gold and white trim. I have info on the white car. Appears to be a Mark I Road model. Anyone know chassis #, confirm model and if possible, owner? Many thanks, Martyn
GT40s @ Goodwood - 1.jpg

Very nice but that's not the car in the first post, neither is it Craig Davies one in the petrolicious article on post #2.

(Henry Mann knows his stuff. Alan Mann Racing recently did some chassis restoration work on Fords own GT40P/1008)

Last edited:
Seems odd to see this car without Sill Covers. Has it always been this way?

See also the simplified, lightweight rear body & matching flat doors. Plus all the other panels are 'pulled in' along the bottom to line up with the top of the chassis, where as normally all the panels overhang the chassis by about 3/4 inch to line up with the sill covers. As the car below.

Steve

Attachments

• Ford_GT_40_Maxted_Page_Limited_01pop.jpg
    Ford_GT_40_Maxted_Page_Limited_01pop.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 243

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
See also the simplified, lightweight rear body & matching flat doors. Plus all the other panels are 'pulled in' along the bottom to line up with the top of the chassis, where as normally all the panels overhang the chassis by about 3/4 inch to line up with the sill covers. As the car below.

Steve

1595001340875.png

That car is just stunning all the way around...

Back